+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Just to give you update guys on my application.

Application - Outland - India - Paper
Application Submitted: 9-Mar-22
AOR: 18-May-22
Biometric - Not needed as she had Visitor visa
PA received Medicals: 18-May-22
Sponsor Approval: 18-May-22
Medical Appointment: 1-Jun-22
Medical updated: 4-Jun-22
Eligibility activity status updated :18-Jun-22
Background verification activity status updated:18-Jun-22
Pre Arrival Service Invitation- 18-Jun-22
Ready for Visa email : 6-Aug-22 (she is in USA at this moment as visitor, so submitted to VFS New York)
Approved: 18-Aug-22

Wish everyone to get PPR soon. Thank you.

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

What happens if we start an online outland application with both of us living abroad, in UK, but then 8/10 months after submitting the application I move to Canada and my wife moves to Italy (assuming she didn't get PR yet) while we wait for her PR?

Would the process get delayed / is there risk that the application would be refused and we would have to restart?

Similarly, what happens if I renew my passport 8/10 months after submitting the application?

gehlottj

Feb 25, 2021
Just to give you update guys on my application.

Application - Outland - India - Paper
Application Submitted: 9-Mar-22
AOR: 18-May-22
Biometric - Not needed as she had Visitor visa
PA received Medicals: 18-May-22
Sponsor Approval: 18-May-22
Medical Appointment: 1-Jun-22
Medical updated: 4-Jun-22
Eligibility activity status updated :18-Jun-22
Background verification activity status updated:18-Jun-22
Pre Arrival Service Invitation- 18-Jun-22
Ready for Visa email : 6-Aug-22 (she is in USA at this moment as visitor, so submitted to VFS New York)
Approved: 18-Aug-22

Wish everyone to get PPR soon. Thank you.
Congratulations

Reactions: priks1425

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hi,

What happens if we start an online outland application with both of us living abroad, in UK, but then 8/10 months after submitting the application I move to Canada and my wife moves to Italy (assuming she didn't get PR yet) while we wait for her PR?

Would the process get delayed / is there risk that the application would be refused and we would have to restart?

Similarly, what happens if I renew my passport 8/10 months after submitting the application?
As far as I know, Sponsor has to be in Canada (can take short trip somewhere while application is in progress) to start the spousal application. Spouse can be anywhere outside Canada, that's fine.

Application delay can have N number of reasons so can't comment on that. Make sure you give everything possible and make it easy to understand for the officer while they review your application in order to make it seamless.

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hi

So when u received this letter today

What's the Visa office that u got email from ?
Nothing was mentioned for visa office.
i just received the letter today. In fact my husband did as he is the PA.

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada; • Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.
Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination: Canada.ca/pre-arrival-services
You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.
Join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada) for regular updates on immigration, settlement services and citizenship.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Nothing was mentioned for visa office.
i just received the letter today. In fact my husband did as he is the PA.

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada; • Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.
Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination: Canada.ca/pre-arrival-services
You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.
Join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada) for regular updates on immigration, settlement services and citizenship.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Hi

So in letter it won't be mention , but the email that u received from IRCC , in that below should b written

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hi

So in letter it won't be mention , but the email that u received from IRCC , in that below should b written
No nothing as well my husband got the email from IRCC saying there is a new message on GCkey account. When i logged in thats when i got accept to the pre-arrival letter.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As far as I know, Sponsor has to be in Canada (can take short trip somewhere while application is in progress) to start the spousal application. Spouse can be anywhere outside Canada, that's fine.

Application delay can have N number of reasons so can't comment on that. Make sure you give everything possible and make it easy to understand for the officer while they review your application in order to make it seamless.
Not required if sponsor is a Canadian citizen. In this case, sponsor needs to provide proof of intend to relocate to Canada.

Reactions: priks1425

Maha ali

Jan 6, 2022
Hey there my husband had applied in March 2022, but no correspondence from IRCC. NO Aor, nothing. What to do? Is there anyone on the same boat?

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
Hey there my husband had applied in March 2022, but no correspondence from IRCC. NO Aor, nothing. What to do? Is there anyone on the same boat?
I'm in the same boat I called them and I got a temporary application number but that doesn't mean a lot. Still waiting. You can try calling them 1(888)242-2100

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Hi I called IRCC today and the agent told that the file is forwarded to visa Office. She got BG completed post receiving pre-arrival letter.

Please suggest when can we expect the PR.