+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
Can be weeks, can be months, hard to say...
My account got updated for oath ceremony 1 week after LPP got completed. Now, I just have to wait for the invitation email that usually comes 1-2 weeks before the oath ceremony. FYI, my oath ceremony is scheduled for September 20.

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
My account got updated for oath ceremony 1 week after LPP got completed. Now, I just have to wait for the invitation email that usually comes 1-2 weeks before the oath ceremony. FYI, my oath ceremony is scheduled for September 20.
I saw cases when people got their LPP completed in March and still waiting for the next update.
Congrats on your ceremony, what's your timeline?

Last edited:

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
I saw cases when people got their LPP completed in March and still waiting for the next update.
Congrats on your ceremony, what's your timeline?
Got my AOR in April 2022, Test done in first week of February 2023, LPP on August 8th and oath ceremony request update on August 15th.

Achilees

Jan 25, 2018
Hello there,

I have completed my citizenship test on Nov 2022. There was not updates after except for a ghost update on March 2. Is this normal? Anyone in the same situation? Application shows that Citizenship test and background citizenship completed. Rest as in progress. Anyway i can get latest updates? or email/number to check on the latest status

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello there,

I have completed my citizenship test on Nov 2022. There was not updates after except for a ghost update on March 2. Is this normal? Anyone in the same situation? Application shows that Citizenship test and background citizenship completed. Rest as in progress. Anyway i can get latest updates? or email/number to check on the latest status
You can call IRCC - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/
Also you can take the help of your MP office as you would have breached the 18 month processing ETA.

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
AOR - April 2022
It will be 18 months soon in a week. Will be reaching out to MP in first week of Sept and hopefully a human officer can take the file from a bot officer and start working on it.
It is so frustrating and incompetence Grade A on part of IRCC - people applying in 2023 getting their applications approved already so fast, FIFO is in garbage they have their own project management experiment going on here, I doubt they even have enough officers to process 2-3 million a year various categories of applications from various locations.

ismaf14

Jul 28, 2023
After the interview in Aug 22, LPP completed today Aug 25.. waiting for Oath

Congratulations, same here completed the interview Aug 22, LPP completed Aug 23 and now waiting Oath hopefully 2 to 6weeks as the officer said.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Congratulations! The office asked about my preferences online/ in person.. I said the faster one .. Lol.. I want this process over
Congratulations, same here completed the interview Aug 22, LPP completed Aug 23 and now waiting Oath hopefully 2 to 6weeks as the officer said.

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
AOR - April 2022
It will be 18 months soon in a week. Will be reaching out to MP in first week of Sept and hopefully a human officer can take the file from a bot officer and start working on it.
It is so frustrating and incompetence Grade A on part of IRCC - people applying in 2023 getting their applications approved already so fast, FIFO is in garbage they have their own project management experiment going on here, I doubt they even have enough officers to process 2-3 million a year various categories of applications from various locations.
Same. I applied March 2022. AOR April 2022. Still waiting for LPP. I am so frustrated by the process, seeing the nonsensical approach there seems to be to completing files. I too plan to reach out to my MP in September.

wandersun

Aug 4, 2023
Same. I applied March 2022. AOR April 2022. Still waiting for LPP. I am so frustrated by the process, seeing the nonsensical approach there seems to be to completing files. I too plan to reach out to my MP in September.
We are almost the same timeline at every step and my LPP is still in progress... Please keep updated and I will also let you know if there is anything changed in my side...

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
We are almost the same timeline at every step and my LPP is still in progress... Please keep updated and I will also let you know if there is anything changed in my side...
I am curious - what is your processing office? Your signature says location in Vancouver but is Vancouver also your processing office? We are almost identical to the day!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
April applicant. Same nonsense. Tried every trick in the book here to get file moving. Missed Justin Trudeau yesterday when he was in my neighborhood. Could've just asked him to move the file along. Oath same day probably.