+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I got same interview request today as well for August 22. Although my test came from Vancouver while the interview came from Winnipeg office. Finally we seeing a bit of movement.
Yes , interesting we have the interview the same day. Mine is at 11.30 CST .: they requested copy of my passports as well

ismaf14

Jul 28, 2023
Yes , interesting we have the interview the same day. Mine is at 11.30 CST .: they requested copy of my passports as well
Wow they requesting same thing from me too although I sent it back in January 2023. My time is 11:10 CST so 20mins before yours hopefully this makes it move faster.

ismaf14

Jul 28, 2023
What is your timeine wrt. the submit, AOR and test?
Online applications Vancouver office
Applied March 8, 2022
AOR April 7, 2022
Fingerprints requested & submitted: Oct 31, 2022 - Nov 20, 2022
Background completed :Nov 20, 2022
Citizenship Test Request & completed: Oct 31, 2022 - Nov 7th, 2023
Citizenship Test Updated - Nov 24, 2022
Request for Passport and Travel Documents - Jan 4, 2023 - Submitted - Jan 5, 2023
Interview request: Aug 1, 2023
Interview - Aug 22, 2023
LPP - In Progress

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Last week I made a trip to the US. I have a citizenship application in process since March 2022. Because my PR card will be expiring in a few months I also applied for PR cars renewal in May 2023 it is also in process. On Monday Aug 7, 2023 I was driving into Canada at the Sarnia crossing and I handed the CBSA officer my PR card as I usually do. THe officer scanned my card and said that my PR card had been reported lost or stolen in their system and asked for an additional federal ID. I handed him my US passport which he said was fine. He said he couldn't accept my Ontario Drivers license or Health card. He then made a call after the call he sent me to secondary inside the building. In secondary the CBSA Immigration officer examined my PR card and passport and checked with his computer as well as two other officers. They said they could not explain why my card was showing up lost/stolen in the system but handed them back and told me to proceed. I expect going forward I will continue to have this problem until either my PR is renewed or my Citizenship is decided. Has anyone had such an experience and what should I do about it. I tarvel to the US every two months to spend time with my children and grandchildren. CBSA officers have so much unchecked power and no oversight Im afraid that one of them might decide not to let me enter in the future. I was cordial and they were also but I know that is not always the case.

wandersun

Aug 4, 2023
Last week I made a trip to the US. I have a citizenship application in process since March 2022. Because my PR card will be expiring in a few months I also applied for PR cars renewal in May 2023 it is also in process. On Monday Aug 7, 2023 I was driving into Canada at the Sarnia crossing and I handed the CBSA officer my PR card as I usually do. THe officer scanned my card and said that my PR card had been reported lost or stolen in their system and asked for an additional federal ID. I handed him my US passport which he said was fine. He said he couldn't accept my Ontario Drivers license or Health card. He then made a call after the call he sent me to secondary inside the building. In secondary the CBSA Immigration officer examined my PR card and passport and checked with his computer as well as two other officers. They said they could not explain why my card was showing up lost/stolen in the system but handed them back and told me to proceed. I expect going forward I will continue to have this problem until either my PR is renewed or my Citizenship is decided. Has anyone had such an experience and what should I do about it. I tarvel to the US every two months to spend time with my children and grandchildren. CBSA officers have so much unchecked power and no oversight Im afraid that one of them might decide not to let me enter in the future. I was cordial and they were also but I know that is not always the case.
I was having a similar issue when I entered YVR, and it seems like having not relation with citizen application. It is due to the new card has been issued but you have not yet received it. So congrats on your new PR card and that's just it!

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I was having a similar issue when I entered YVR, and it seems like having not relation with citizen application. It is due to the new card has been issued but you have not yet received it. So congrats on your new PR card and that's just it!
Wouldn’t it be nice if the IRCC/CBSA systems available to the agents at the border were more informative? It seems crazy that they are as confused and uninformed as the rest of us.

sheldon2309

Apr 5, 2022
Hello All,

Following is my timeline -

Applied - 1st March 2022 (Online)
AOR - Apr 5, 2022
Background verification (Completed) - Oct 17, 2022
Citizenship test (Completed) - Jan 3, 2023
Interview request - May 8, 2023
Interview scheduled - May 29, 2023
LPP - In Progress
Oath - Not started

My interview experience was not great as I was asked a lot of questions on my travels during the eligibility period (I had lots of US/India travels for family reasons) and my intent. I was able to provide documentary evidence of ALL my travels and the officer said I do qualify for # of days criteria and that I would get an update soon. Ever since, I have not received ANY updates whatsoever. I have tried ordering GCMS notes a couple of times (One around June 10 and One around July End) and both times the notes came back EXACTLY same.

I had to move to US for family reunification as I was living apart from family for 2 years. I plan to return to Canada once my Citizenship comes thru and I sort out jobs, housing etc. My PR expires April 2024. I have a few questions -

- Do you think CIC can reject somebody's application solely based on their assessment of my intent (Even though I qualify for PP and have all necessary documentary proof of everything needed)?
- How do you recommend I approach my PR situation if my citizenship application does not move in next few months? Should I renew my PR soon?

- Can somebody help with the CIC contact number from USA?

Thanks a lot!

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Hello All,

Following is my timeline -

Applied - 1st March 2022 (Online)
AOR - Apr 5, 2022
Background verification (Completed) - Oct 17, 2022
Citizenship test (Completed) - Jan 3, 2023
Interview request - May 8, 2023
Interview scheduled - May 29, 2023
LPP - In Progress
Oath - Not started

My interview experience was not great as I was asked a lot of questions on my travels during the eligibility period (I had lots of US/India travels for family reasons) and my intent. I was able to provide documentary evidence of ALL my travels and the officer said I do qualify for # of days criteria and that I would get an update soon. Ever since, I have not received ANY updates whatsoever. I have tried ordering GCMS notes a couple of times (One around June 10 and One around July End) and both times the notes came back EXACTLY same.

I had to move to US for family reunification as I was living apart from family for 2 years. I plan to return to Canada once my Citizenship comes thru and I sort out jobs, housing etc. My PR expires April 2024. I have a few questions -

- Do you think CIC can reject somebody's application solely based on their assessment of my intent (Even though I qualify for PP and have all necessary documentary proof of everything needed)?
- How do you recommend I approach my PR situation if my citizenship application does not move in next few months? Should I renew my PR soon?

- Can somebody help with the CIC contact number from USA?

Thanks a lot!
They can't refuse if you don't have intent to live in Canada as long you meet the eligibility requirements, but they will investigate further your residency if you didn't have a fixed address or job history inside Canada, as lots of fraudulent actions happened before with people who never lived in Canada and got their citizenships, which was revoked after the fact.

Physical presence is a big part/requirement, and it will take longer to clear depending on number of times you crossed the borders and number of addresses you reported in your application.

Reactions: CoorsHeavy

sheldon2309

Apr 5, 2022
They can't refuse if you don't have intent to live in Canada as long you meet the eligibility requirements, but they will investigate further your residency if you didn't have a fixed address or job history inside Canada, as lots of fraudulent actions happened before with people who never lived in Canada and got their citizenships, which was revoked after the fact.

Physical presence is a big part/requirement, and it will take longer to clear depending on number of times you crossed the borders and number of addresses you reported in your application.
Thank you so much your reply! During the interview, my physical days were verified and confirmed to be sufficient for completing the PP requirement. I also provided all the necessary tax related documents to prove that I indeed lived, did my masters there and paid taxes. My BC was already complete. Beyond this, do you think anything else can hamper my file? What can help in getting some movement on my file? I have already raised a webform a week back. I am waiting to get a response on that. Thank you!

NOV2018_INLAND

Sep 7, 2019
Anyone with same timeline as mine waiting for LPP to be completed and an oath ceremony :( the last update was the ghost update on March 02 and nothing ever since.

finally Aug17 today and tracker shows LPP was completed on Aug 11. Only thing which is not started yet is Citizenship ceremony. Does anyone knows how long would it take it took for them to get the oath? After Nov 2022, there was a ghost update in March andAugust 2023 LPP completed.