+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone. Sharing timeline for info purposes but wanted to see if anyone has deferred an oath taking ceremony before and how can I go about doing it? Unfortunately it falls right on the date I have to fly overseas for work(immovable for me), so I’m looking to move it. Any help would be appreciated

Type: Online application
Application: Single
Application submitted: April 22, 2022
AOR: April 29, 2022
Citizenship test completed: December 22, 2022
LPP: 15th March 2023
Oath invitation: 28th March , 2023
Ceremony date: April 13th, 2023
I believe I saw some folks getting their oaths rescheduled. It didn't take too long in those cases. If I recall correctly they rescheduled that person under 2 weeks. But from what I understand there is no guarantee when you will be rescheduled

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, my wifey application is now completed everything today. Now, we are waiting for oath invitation. Finally,It's starting moving

Last edited:
Reactions: mannitscar

geegee1987

Mar 29, 2023
Hi I am still waiting for my LPP to get updated . Submitted in March 9 2022
Vancouver Office
Did the citizenship test December 5 2022 and got my tracker updated December . Got an update alert March 2 2023 but nothing was updated. I requested an ATIP just to see what the delay was and I can see on the part for language , it is showing language evidence submission required and type of language evidence is showing as post sec education ENG. I had submitted all my post sec transcripts with my application , I really don’t understand what else they need or why they wouldn’t even request for more information if needed. Thanks

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Vancouver Office
Did the citizenship test December 5 2022 and got my tracker updated December . Got an update alert March 2 2023 but nothing was updated. I requested an ATIP just to see what the delay was and I can see on the part for language , it is showing language evidence submission required and type of language evidence is showing as post sec education ENG. I had submitted all my post sec transcripts with my application , I really don’t understand what else they need or why they wouldn’t even request for more information if needed. Thanks
What's ATIP?

geegee1987

Mar 29, 2023
What's ATIP?
It’s Access to Information Process . It’s requesting for your case file for your application . Sometime it prompts them to actually take a look at your file because they have to pull it out to send it to you and you can see what stages it is currently on

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
It’s Access to Information Process . It’s requesting for your case file for your application . Sometime it prompts them to actually take a look at your file because they have to pull it out to send it to you and you can see what stages it is currently on
You're lucky that they actually sent you the GCMS notes. I applied for them twice, first in early November and then in early January. Never got them.

Reactions: Forevergrateful

Leonardovfs

Apr 12, 2022
How do we request it? My last update was Test Complete in November 10th. Haven’t heard anything else. LPP are still in progress. Guess it could help me

Reactions: mannitscar

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Vancouver Office
same however i completed my test in November. Wonder if language is holding me up. I sent them my full school transcripts to show i studied English in England.

ssubha

Feb 8, 2023
Is it mandatory to provide an IELTS scorecard along with a citizenship application? I didn't provide the same, and is there any way I could submit it now?

ssubha

Feb 8, 2023
What did you provide to prove your Language skill?
I think I uploaded an IELTS score from 2015, a master's degree certificate from an Australian university, and a WES evaluation report of an Australian degree. I submitted these during my PR as well.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Vancouver Office
What country is your post sec education from?

Maybe they have to confirm it with the institute? I've wondered if that's what is holding mine up. I submitted my high school certificate from Australia as my evidence for language, from the year 2000. I imagine it would take time to confirm this with the Australian govt.