+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
I tried contacting them multiple times with standard responses. Finally they responded on March 1st stating that my application is in queue for the oath ceremony and can expect it in the next 12 weeks. So another 2-3 more months I guess. Also ottawa office is slower than others too.
do you have Decision Made on old Ecas Or In Process?

tailvagger

Apr 20, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Other
AOR Received.
19-04-2022
After months of no movement, I've finally been invited to the Citizenship Oath on April 18th! However, I've not received any instructions via email on how to attend the ceremony. Has this happened to anybody else or do we get something physically via mail?

Physical Days: 1,150
Method: Online
Applicants: 1 applicant
Application sent: March 23, 2022
Delivered: March 23, 2022
AOR: April 19th, 2022
In Progress: May 3, 2022
Processing Centre: Scarborough
Background Verification: Nov 7, 2022
Test Invite: Dec 7, 2022
Test Taken: Dec 10, 2022
Test Completed: Dec 12, 2022
Language Skills - Feb 24, 2023
Physical Presence - Feb 24, 2023
Prohibitions - Feb 24, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony - April 18, 2023

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Did you get any communication from IRCC? Tried to reach out to your MP? It says on the website "your case might be non-routine" based on certain factors. Here is the link. You can read more about it. Good luck.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5
I completed my test in June and I haven't heard anything since! I contacted my MP almost three weeks ago, they sent me a representative form to fill out but I haven't heard back from them. I also sent IRCC a web form but received a generic (probably automated) message that they are working on processing applications as quickly as possible ... I don't know what else I can do. Almost 9 months since the test and not a single update! This is getting pretty frustrating :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: deiblerc

dhintana

Oct 1, 2018
I completed my test in June and I haven't heard anything since! I contacted my MP almost three weeks ago, they sent me a representative form to fill out but I haven't heard back from them. I also sent IRCC a web form but received a generic (probably automated) message that they are working on processing applications as quickly as possible ... I don't know what else I can do. Almost 9 months since the test and not a single update! This is getting pretty frustrating :(
If your application sits for a long time, don’t wait. Do legal action!

FW-SandA

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017

You can do nothing if it does not exceed the processing time after it exceeds the processing time you can take them to the court. I am on the same boat

alexkan007

Oct 31, 2022
Same here. Test taken on November 22nd. AOR March 21st. GU on March 2, 2023.

Does that mean we are non-routine applications?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Same here. Test taken on November 22nd. AOR March 21st. GU on March 2, 2023.

Does that mean we are non-routine applications?
No, non-routine applications usually take more than the average time. And just because your time is more than average doesn't necessarily mean that application is non-routine, you need things like GCMS notes to figure out or communication from IRCC to suggest that yours is non-routine. Currently average processing time is 23 months. You're fine.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
No, non-routine applications usually take more than the average time. And just because your time is more than average doesn't necessarily mean that application is non-routine, you need things like GCMS notes to figure out or communication from IRCC to suggest that yours is non-routine. Currently average processing time is 23 months. You're fine.
I have a question for you. Can we travel while we wait for the Oath? Do we have to inform IRCC if we are travelling more than 15 days?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have a question for you. Can we travel while we wait for the Oath? Do we have to inform IRCC if we are travelling more than 15 days?
Yes, you can travel while waiting for oath. I think technically you are supposed to inform IRCC if you travel for more than 15 days, but for all practical purposes you don't have to, especially if you can make it back to oath without any problems.

Reactions: esse

kywen

Mar 20, 2023
Hi guys New Update :

Physical Days: 1,330
Method: Online
Applicants: 1 applicant
Application sent: March 27, 2022
Delivered: Online
AOR: April 20th.
In Progress : April 25, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test : Nov 25, 2022
Citizenship test : Completed Dec 15, 2022
Background verification : Completed Dec 16, 2022
Language Skills: January 25, 2023
Physical Presence: January 25, 2023
Prohibitions: January 25, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Mar 16, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony (in progress) : Mar 27, 2023

waiting email invitation, donno if it's gonna be virtual or not

PS : exactly 1 year :)
Hi there, we have the same time line. Did you receive email for the ceremony? I have not received anything yet. Thanks!

shubhu2233

May 9, 2018
Hi All,

Physical Days:1600
Method: Paper based
Applicants: Family(4)
Application sent: March 24, 2022
Delivered: March 29, 2022
AOR : 12 April 2022
Test Completed: 22nd July

No update after that and everything is in process except test completed. Is anyone here who is still waiting for oath invitation and all

Thanks,
Shub