+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

stonege77

Dec 14, 2022
You are not alone. I have been waiting 7 months since my test. test completed in May 2022 still no updates. My office is Niagra Falls. Online application
online too montreal office , only god know what officer is doing , if there is one of corse , its crazy

Reactions: me_lad

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Just got an update today (Jan 5), back dated to Jan 3rd. Everything completed, pending ceremony. Online application, Scarborough office, test completed end of October. Basically 2 months between the test and the updates to "completed" status (bg, prohibitions, language). Now let's see how long until the ceremony (which is "not started").

ISB201

Aug 1, 2022
Hello All, I wish all you good luck in your cases.

I need advice if any body knows. i have received Oath taking ceremony invite on Zoom link. My children (2 daughters) are minors under age 14. The email is saying they are not required to participate in Oath. My daughters are out side Canada with their mother due to the ailment of their grand mother.

Do they need to be in Canada at the time of oath regardless of the matter of their participation in Zoom oath? Can any body clarify? Thanks.

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
Hi guys, anybody got option to get e-certificate for citizenship?

Looks like they started offering this option to some applicants who applied before January 4th, 2023.

I am thinking to get e-certificate if they give an option but I wonder if e-certificate would be accepted as valid document when applying for passport.

Please share if anybody has opted or planning to opt for e-certificate!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/valid.html

Reactions: wchaudhry

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018

Looks like they started offering this option to some applicants who applied before January 4th, 2023.

I am thinking to get e-certificate if they give an option but I wonder if e-certificate would be accepted as valid document when applying for passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/valid.html
I’m pretty positive once you download your e certificate you can print it and take it for passport application

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

Yes, there have been a few mentions of people opting for the e-certificate pilot and they have been able to successfully download the certificate a few hours after submitting their oath form and successfully apply for their passports as well. It's definitely better than waiting weeks for the paper citizenship certificate!

One example here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2022-citizenship-applications.752874/post-10314664

firstax

Dec 8, 2018

Why would it not be accepted? Are you able to read the contents of the link that you posted?

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
Why would it not be accepted? Are you able to read the contents of the link that you posted?
I asked because when applying for passport, it says they require original citizenship certificate, not photo copies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I can read the contents of the page on the link I just shared.

Reactions: Sunny2049

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
I asked because when applying for passport, it says they require original citizenship certificate, not photo copies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I can read the contents of the page on the link I just shared.
When you print out the e-certificate would it be an original or a photocopy? And do you think passport Canada and IRCC didn't already know about the e-certificate?

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
When you print out the e-certificate would it be an original or a photocopy? And do you think passport Canada and IRCC didn't already know about the e-certificate?
That was the confusion for me, that is why I asked if anybody has similar experience, I believe it should be definitely valid as @shiremag shared above.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017

My understanding is that it is invitation based only. Let me know if thats not the case.

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017

It is by invitation only for people who applied prior to 2023, and the invitation to participate in this new program is sent when they send you your test invite. In summary, if you haven't received the email to participate in the program, you can't voluntarily opt for it and will be issued the traditional paper-based certificate.

Reactions: immietc

jnam

Nov 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

I recently did a legal change of name, while my citizenship application being in process. My BG and citizenship test has been completed as of Nov 10, 2022.
I uploaded my Legal name change certificate via IRCC online webform on Dec 10, 2022. Received acknowledgement of document received via email on Dec 21,2022.

will it gonna make my application as a non routine application and i have to wait longer than normal for the oath ceremony.

is anybody in the same situation like me ??