+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

epcjay

Apr 7, 2022
What is your timeline please? Thank you.
Paper Application Submitted on - March 29, 2022
AOR Received on - April 21st, 2022
File Location - Vancouver then SCR
FP Request: - July 13, 2022

FP Received - July 25, 2022
Background Verification Completed on -July 26, 2022
Test request received on -Aug 12, 2022 - Missed
2nd Test request - Oct 25, 2022
Test Completed on - Nov 10, 2022
Test Status updated on - Nov 14, 2022
Language Skills - Dec 09, 2022
Physical Presence - Dec 09, 2022
Prohibitions - Dec 09, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony - Feb 1st, 2022

Naser735

Apr 16, 2018
Physical Days: 1097
Method: Paper based
Applicants: Family, 3 applicants
Application sent: March 23, 2022
Delivered: March 28, 2022
AOR: April 19, 2022
In Progress : April 25, 2022
Fingerprint request: June 13
Fingerprints submitted: June 14
Background check completed: June 29
Citizenship test request: July 05
Citizenship test attempt: July 11
Citizenship test marked completed: July 12
Prohibitions, Physical presence and Language Skills Updated: December 19
Status on Ecas as of December 21: Decision Made

Last edited:

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
It still upsets me that online applications move so much slower than paper applications. If only I knew this before applying...
I can relate. You want to be happy for others but hard to when you applied before them and still waiting for some sort of an update. I called IRCC and was told that my application is very straight forward. If it is why can’t you just move it along.

I am not happy at all.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I don't expect much, still hopeful. Only IRCC knows how their system work, a ghost update today gives you a month old update, you might have seen that posts on this forum where somebody was telling he attempted citizenship test on 5th Nov, and only after 16 Dec Ghost Update, his test status changed to Completed but backdated November 10th or something. So who knows whats cooking in the background in their systems. Let's hope for the best. We seems stressful bcoz some people in similar timeline of ours have their oaths done or scheduled, otherwise we are still within reasonable processing time.
I agree, we feel more anxiety because some people are breezing by.

What do you think is reasonable processing time?

Kenvinal

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Whistler
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-11-2019
It still upsets me that online applications move so much slower than paper applications. If only I had known this before applying...
The IRCC made a big deal over the online applications and how it would speed processing. They rolled it out but did not train enough agents to use it. Until they train more agents, they should limit the monthly number of online applications.
I really wish I had submitted a paper application back in the late Spring.

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
The IRCC made a big deal over the online applications and how it would speed processing. They rolled it out but did not train enough agents to use it. Until they train more agents, they should limit the monthly number of online applications.
I really wish I had submitted a paper application back in the late Spring.
I feel the same. I see paper applications submitted in January and they are all done by now . It took them 3 months to send me AOR in April even though when it’s online , they should have received it by the time I clicked on “submit”.
I can’t find any reasons why it took them 3 months to receive an ONLINE file?! And now 2 months waiting for the oath.

Reactions: Kenvinal

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I feel the same. I see paper applications submitted in January and they are all done by now . It took them 3 months to send me AOR in April even though when it’s online , they should have received it by the time I clicked on “submit”.
I can’t find any reasons why it took them 3 months to receive an ONLINE file?! And now 2 months waiting for the oath.
Almost all of us are frustrated and anxious because of the wait. But, IRCC believes we are in regular waiting period. Unfortunately, nothing we can do to change that. When did you have your test? How long will it be until we get an Oath invitation? Personally, I would settle for sometime March, April or June.

Reactions: Kenvinal

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
Almost all of us are frustrated and anxious because of the wait. But, IRCC believes we are in regular waiting period. Unfortunately, nothing we can do to change that. When did you have your test? How long will it be until we get an Oath invitation? Personally, I would settle for sometime March, April or June.
That’s true.. and they’ve made it easy for them showing 24 months for the normal processing times due to covid!! it’s like no one else has been affected except for them.

here is my timeline:

applied online : January 5
AOR : March 1
Background check completed: Sep 14
Scheduled for test : Sep 26-Oct17
Took the test : Oct 16
Test completed: Oct 23
Prohibitions, Language,Physical presence completed : Nov 21 (yeah I said waiting for 2 months but i meant 1, I forgot it was end of Nov)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

no ghost updates, no fingerprints , no passport pages required.

I’m truly ok with the wait, I had travel plans which needs to wait, but it’s still fine for me!
It’s just ridiculous how they take the money beforehand and then leave everyone hanging for years and years, and i’m not just talking about their citizenship process! Visa’s, Pr’s…

esse

Jun 21, 2021
That’s true.. and they’ve made it easy for them showing 24 months for the normal processing times due to covid!! it’s like no one else has been affected except for them.

here is my timeline:

applied online : January 5
AOR : March 1
Background check completed: Sep 14
Scheduled for test : Sep 26-Oct17
Took the test : Oct 16
Test completed: Oct 23
Prohibitions, Language,Physical presence completed : Nov 21 (yeah I said waiting for 2 months but i meant 1, I forgot it was end of Nov)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

no ghost updates, no fingerprints , no passport pages required.

I’m truly ok with the wait, I had travel plans which needs to wait, but it’s still fine for me!
It’s just ridiculous how they take the money beforehand and then leave everyone hanging for years and years, and i’m not just talking about their citizenship process! Visa’s, Pr’s…

So, you estimate a wait time for the Oath ceremony is 3 months after the test. I will go for that. I would be over the moon if I get the Oath invitation by Feb or March. Test done on November 25th. On the plus side, no news is good news. Just hang in there we got the test done at least and keep fingers crossed for the rest. Best of luck to you and many others who are waiting. I am sure our turn will come.