+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

TalhaS

Nov 24, 2019
Question: The last update on my tracker was Nov 2nd informing me of my citizenship test window being from Nov 7 - 27. I took the test on Nov 7 early AM, unofficially scored 20/20 but my tracker hasn't updated since. It has been over a week (or 6 business days). Could it be that my test attempt didn't register in the system? Should I (a) wait and possibly expire my test window or (b) contact IRCC to find out if test is good or last resort (c) attempt retaking the test? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Took <10 mins on the test. The only glitch that happened was, I got a pop up notification to not open another tab, which I didn't but maybe a background operation on another window triggered their system.

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Question: The last update on my tracker was Nov 2nd informing me of my citizenship test window being from Nov 7 - 27. I took the test on Nov 7 early AM, unofficially scored 20/20 but my tracker hasn't updated since. It has been over a week (or 6 business days). Could it be that my test attempt didn't register in the system? Should I (a) wait and possibly expire my test window or (b) contact IRCC to find out if test is good or last resort (c) attempt retaking the test? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Took <10 mins on the test. The only glitch that happened was, I got a pop up notification to not open another tab, which I didn't but maybe a background operation on another window triggered their system.
I'm in the same boat! Took the test on the 5th November and tracker hasn't updated anything either. I don't think you can reuse the link to retake it (but I may be mistaken) and it's just a waiting game.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hi guys I have a question for those who used a representative. The instructions ask for the representative's email address if applicable. If I put the representative's address wouldn't the test email go to her instead of coming to my email address so I could start the test right away? Thanks in advance.

esse

Jun 21, 2021

Did you get a message saying you cannot take the test or something similar? Your test windows starts November 7 12:01 am. I would not attempt to retake the test. Wait until next Monday the 21st. If you don't have an update, than contact IRCC. You have the result of the test in your email right? Experienced members might have other opinion. I am no expert just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Would REALLY like to know the logic behind IRCC application process because it doesn’t make any sense. Here’s me thinking that once background check is complete, things can start moving faster but I was wrong.

I see people in May getting their background check complete with test invites sent however some January, February and March applicants who had their background check complete are not getting test invites or updates.
I ordered the GCMS notes and hopefully would get some sort of information.

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Would REALLY like to know the logic behind IRCC application process because it doesn’t make any sense. Here’s me thinking that once background check is complete, things can start moving faster but I was wrong.

I see people in May getting their background check complete with test invites sent however some January, February and March applicants who had their background check complete are not getting test invites or updates.
I ordered the GCMS notes and hopefully would get some sort of information.
Maybe their applications are with different centres?

Reactions: Forevergrateful

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
Hey guys,

reviewing all the previous comments, I feel like it was much faster to apply by paper instead of online (unlike what CIC claims).

here are my dates:

Physical Days: 1109
Method: Online
Applicants: Married but applied separately
Application sent: Jan 5
AOR: Mar 1
Background Verification Completed: Sep 14
Test Invite: Sep 20
Test Passed: Oct 16 but tracker updated for Oct 23

I’ve never received any confirmation email telling me I’ve past my test which was so stressful. My status got updated after a week to complete.

Since then, i have not received any updates yet and my tracker shows in progress :(

is it usually 3 months after the test that you’ll get an invite?

my husband applied separately (one month later) and got his AOR April 14th. He just passed his test yesterday but in his tracker he is not even invited to the test yet . Anyone had this experience?

Reactions: wchaudhry

Lgamal

Nov 15, 2022
I'm in the same boat! Took the test on the 5th November and tracker hasn't updated anything either. I don't think you can reuse the link to retake it (but I may be mistaken) and it's just a waiting game.

I took the test on Nov 3rd and my tracker hasn't updated yet. My husband took his on Nov 6th and his tracker updated to "completed" on Nov. 9. :confused:

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I took the test on Nov 3rd and my tracker hasn't updated yet. My husband took his on Nov 6th and his tracker updated to "completed" on Nov. 9. :confused:
That's such odd timing isn't it?! It makes no sense how IRCC deals with this sort of thing. I didn't even get an email saying I had completed the test, nothing. Makes me second guess it all. Where is your processing office? I'm Montreal.

Lgamal

Nov 15, 2022
That's such odd timing isn't it?! It makes no sense how IRCC deals with this sort of thing. I didn't even get an email saying I had completed the test, nothing. Makes me second guess it all. Where is your processing office? I'm Montreal.
I'm Vancouver.