+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

katiegud

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi Everyone ,

Finally, after 3 ghost updates I got fingerprint request i am AOR april 20th ! the update was today but, on the bottom, says requested November 4th but I haven't received the email yet? unless they sent a letter and maybe i should check my mail today, I already booked my fingerprint for tomorrow just in case.
My updates always happen several days after the tracker says that they happened, so it might still be coming. Check your spam folder too. I had my test email go there.

Reactions: aleguillen

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Do you remember when your Ghost updates were? I got two ghost updates and still nothing - called ircc told me they are asking for Fingerprint.
I can't remember exactly but I had like 4, I believe this were the dates, the one everyone got in October then October 28th then November 1st and 4th( this one 4th I am not sure) , today I saw it change to November 8th on the top and the fingerprint request updated as requested November 4th but I don't have the email yet. I guess an officer was actively going into my application, I have been following different timelines maybe in a week you will see and update ? I am April 20th AOR

Last edited:

AAlli

Jan 2, 2019
Hello,

Silence...Nothing move one aftee Ghost Update on Oct 18, 2022.

P/S: Did you guys check the tracker everyday or every hour? I lost my mind...I am so stress....
Same here - nothing since October 21

I check every hour. I am so stressed out. Where did you apply from? Mine was Kingston.

Please lets stay in touch

kamal12073

Nov 8, 2022
Hello,

P/S: Did you guys check the tracker everyday or every hour? I lost my mind...I am so stress....
Hi, my BG was completed on October 19th, and I received a ghost update on October 21st. I called IRCC and found that my application moved to the Niagara Fall IRCC office on October 21st.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am extremely grateful for your response. I want to ask - on the back of what you may know, what is the longest that a Ghost Update could happen without any further development? And could this simply be an officer failing to click a button (as I do not know what could be the issue since I am squeaky clean).

Thanks for your anticipated response.
First, I would ask you to relax and calm down (I knowm easier said that done). You will get there. From what I have seen, sometimes ghost updates can take many months to show anything. Not all ghost updates mean progress. Sometimes when officers open your file, other times your file may transfer to another office, and you may receive a ghost update for both cases without having any real progress on your file. It’s hard to say until you see the update or order GCMS notes. You can order GCMS notes, it will shed light on your file, and help to calm your anxiety one month down the line.

NOV2018_INLAND

Sep 7, 2019
Finally my tracker got updated today NOV 05, saying citizenship test in progress and my window is from NOV11- NOV28. Everything is in progress, no update on BG in progress too
I got the fingerprint request today. It’s says sent a letter or emailed you haven’t received anything yet!

NOV2018_INLAND

Sep 7, 2019
Hi Everyone ,

Finally, after 3 ghost updates I got fingerprint request i am AOR april 20th ! the update was today but, on the bottom, says requested November 4th but I haven't received the email yet? unless they sent a letter and maybe i should check my mail today, I already booked my fingerprint for tomorrow just in case.
I got the same request I’m APR 20th as well

Canada_2022

Mar 7, 2022
Hey fellows,

I finally passed my test. (20/20)

I would like to thank everyone who provided their feedback which really boosted my confidence.

Can anyone please advise on how long do I have to wait for everything else to be completed and citizenship oath after the test is marked completed?

I would highly appreciate your feedback on this so that I can make my travel plans back to Canada accordingly.

Thank you.

Citizenship Timeline
  • Type: Online
  • Submission Date: March 26, 2022
  • Physical Presence: 1103
  • AOR: April 19, 2022
  • In Progress: April 25, 2022
  • Ghost Update 1: Oct 7, 2022
  • BG Verification Completed: Oct 20, 2022
  • Ghost Update 2: Oct 21, 2022
  • Test Invite: Oct 27, 2022 (Window: Oct 31, 2022 to Nov 21, 2022)
  • Test Taken: Nov 1, 2022 (Outside of Canada)
  • Test Completed: pending
  • Language Skills: pending
  • Prohibitions: pending
  • Physical Presence: pending
  • Citizenship Ceremony: pending
Congratulations! Are there any risks in taking the test outside Canada… like delayed processing, etc?

Reactions: kingfaisal

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015
Physical Days: 1,122
Method: Online
Applicants: 1 applicant
Application sent: March 6, 2022
Delivered: Online
Can someone please update the tracker? My application returned in March and following are my new dates:

Physical Days: 1,122
Method: Online
Applicants: 1 applicant (age > 54)
Application sent: April 10, 2022
Delivered: Online
AOR: April 27, 2022
Background Check Complete: November 1, 2022

Reactions: may2019

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hello,

You are not alone. Many people in your situation. All are stressed. Try to check your tracker every week may be every 10 days. Try to occupy yourself with things, hobbies. Read Discover Canada if you are bored. Don't stress yourself. You getting stressed will not make IRCC rush your application.

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
I was asked to provide PCC for the period I was working at Qatar , I never stayed for more than 6 months as I was travelling frequently , but overall stay was 16 months . So do I need to let them know