+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Either by ordering GCMS notes or checking the email address when you get an email from the IRCC office where your application has been sent (not the AOR email).
The only email that I have received after AOR was from CIC-Vancouver requesting fingerprints. That email included the statement.
“Your application for Canadian Citizenship remains at your local office for processing.”
But no where does it state what the local office. I live in Ontario halfway between Toronto and Ottawa. Actually closest to Scarborough. Is it possible that it is processing in the Vancouver office?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
The only email that I have received after AOR was from CIC-Vancouver requesting fingerprints. That email included the statement.
“Your application for Canadian Citizenship remains at your local office for processing.”
But no where does it state what the local office. I live in Ontario halfway between Toronto and Ottawa. Actually closest to Scarborough. Is it possible that it is processing in the Vancouver office?
Yes, it is very much possible that it is processing in Vancouver office. Applications move all the time and go wherever IRCC thinks it has bandwidth.

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
I just received the test invite today too (no email, only the online tracker was updated). How long it takes until the email is sent? I understand that only when I will receive the email I can book the date for the test, is that correct? Thank you.
I got an email on the 7th morning, test slot starts from 10th June.

Reactions: Diana M

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hi everyone
Just want to ask if any online applicants got their background check completed anyone and I notice by looking at the spreadsheet only paper applicants are getting their background checks completed so if any online applicants get their BC completed please share your timeline
I filed online and I received a fingerprint request May 2nd and Completed backgroung check May 23. AOR March 24, 2022

Benson1

Feb 8, 2022
Hi All, I received my AOR on 11 April, paper application for 4 family members. I have seen the updated date change twice now but nothing else has changed, everything is still showing "in progress". My question is, I see alot of people passing background checks and some of those with a later AOR date than mine. Is anyone is the same position as me, being with an AOR date of 11 April or earlier and still no notification of background check being passed / completed ? TIA

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi All, I received my AOR on 11 April, paper application for 4 family members. I have seen the updated date change twice now but nothing else has changed, everything is still showing "in progress". My question is, I see alot of people passing background checks and some of those with a later AOR date than mine. Is anyone is the same position as me, being with an AOR date of 11 April or earlier and still no notification of background check being passed / completed ? TIA
I have read of similar cases in other threads. That update date changes but everything is still in progress. It's a good sign, at least its progress, as opposed to most online folks whose applications are stuck.

I am planning to send a duplicate application, this time on paper, as soon as I receive AOR for my family's application.

Naser735

Apr 16, 2018
I am in the same boat. Family application of (3). AOR April 19. Last updated changed twice, June 1st for the first time and then June 03rd for the second time.

Everything is still in progress.

Waiting for background check to be completed.

Hope my application is not sent for extended background check.

Some people who got last updated date change got their B/G check completed the next day....

Benson1

Feb 8, 2022
I am in the same boat. Family application of (3). AOR April 19. Last updated changed twice, June 1st for the first time and then June 03rd for the second time.

Everything is still in progress.

Waiting for background check to be completed.

Hope my application is not sent for extended background check.

Some people who got last updated date change got their B/G check completed the next day....
Hi, yes we seem to be in the exact same boat... I have seen those posts where people have their B/G check completed the next day...this is why it is stressing me out a bit. Suppose nothing we can do but wait :-(

dosdiosas0712

Jun 9, 2022
Hello,

Physical Days: 1760
Method: Online
Applicants: Married (1 applicant)
Application sent: February 26, 2022
Delivered: March 4, 2022

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Go ahead with the Paper application. Don't apply online. For some time, a paper application is a lot faster than online. It does not make sense but that's how CIC is processing the application.
I applied online on March 5th. AOR Apr 6th.

My family applied on 30th May on paper. I am wondering whether I should send in a duplicate application but on paper and ask them to put me with the family?