+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi everyone
Just want to ask if any online applicants got their background check completed anyone and I notice by looking at the spreadsheet only paper applicants are getting their background checks completed so if any online applicants get their BC completed please share your timeline

Reactions: Monabil

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone
Just want to ask if any online applicants got their background check completed anyone and I notice by looking at the spreadsheet only paper applicants are getting their background checks completed so if any online applicants get their BC completed please share your timeline
There's actually a good reason why paper applicants are getting test invites and BG checks completed.

It's policy to actually process paper first and only a limited number of online applicants. Check the thread. It's unbelievable.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/

jaySil

Nov 30, 2018
Physical Days: 1378
Method: paper
Applicants: Family (2 applications)
Application sent: March 9, 2022
Delivered: March 11, 2022
AOR: 28 April, 2022
Background completed: 2 June, 2022
Test Invite:

Reactions: saou17

crsid

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Physical Days: 1378
Method: paper
Applicants: Family (2 applications)
Application sent: March 9, 2022
Delivered: March 11, 2022
AOR: 28 April, 2022
Background completed: 2 June, 2022
Test Invite:
Noticed any ghost update (change in update date) last week?

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Some October 2021 online applicants just started getting their test invites. It’s going to be a long wait before they get to March 2022 online applicants. At this point I’ll have to forget I even made any application. I regret doing the online application.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Some October 2021 online applicants just started getting their test invites. It’s going to be a long wait before they get to March 2022 online applicants. At this point I’ll have to forget I even made any application. I regret doing the online application.
yeah, I regret doing it online as well, I am seriously considering sending in a paper application with my family. My family just sent it in last week, I sent it in on March 3rd. Wasted 3 months.

Reactions: Monabil

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
yeah, I regret doing it online as well, I am seriously considering sending in a paper application with my family. My family just sent it in last week, I sent it in on March 3rd. Wasted 3 months.
Any idea how to cancel the online application? It would be very upsetting if one ends up cancelling the online application and they get to March 2022 before getting to your paper application. It’s just like deciding to walk after a long wait at the bus stop to then see the bus drive past you.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Any idea how to cancel the online application? It would be very upsetting if one ends up cancelling the online application and they get to March 2022 before getting to your paper application. It’s just like deciding to walk after a long wait at the bus stop to then see the bus drive past you.
Good question. The answer is that I don't intend to cancel the first application. Just want them to put it on hold while they put my application into my family's application packet. I still haven't decided on this course, but this seems to me to be a good route.

The only worry is that the information we have is from last year, and that fiscal year ended in march 2022. So maybe things have changed this year, so I am not fully decided just yet but leaning towards sending in a second application without canceling the first. Here is some official information regarding the process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?wbdisable=true

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Good question. The answer is that I don't intend to cancel the first application. Just want them to put it on hold while they put my application into my family's application packet. I still haven't decided on this course, but this seems to me to be a good route.

The only worry is that the information we have is from last year, and that fiscal year ended in march 2022. So maybe things have changed this year, so I am not fully decided just yet but leaning towards sending in a second application without canceling the first. Here is some official information regarding the process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?wbdisable=true
This means you can actually send in another application and whichever they get to first will be processed and the other put on hold.

I might actually consider sending in a paper application however how to do show proof of payment? I actually might send one in tomorrow.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
This means you can actually send in another application and whichever they get to first will be processed and the other put on hold.

I might actually consider sending in a paper application however how to do show proof of payment? I actually might send one in tomorrow.
Exactly.

I am holding on a few days to get a little more information. But I am definitely leaning towards sending a paper one and request them to put it in with my family.

Reactions: Forevergrateful