AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
People who got AOR this month, anyone able to register on the new portal?

tailvagger

Apr 20, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Other
AOR Received.
19-04-2022
Before the pandemic, most people would go from application submission to oath ceremony in under 1 year (usually 9 to 10 months). But the pandemic threw everything off course. People who applied end of 2019 (a large chunk of them) had to wait around 2 years to get citizenship. Similar timeline for people in 2020. People in 2021 had better timelines and now we are seeing people getting AOR within a month's time. This is encouraging. However, I would suggest to keep your expectations to get citizenship anywhere between 15 to 18 months in order to avoid anxiety. I would guess around 15 months would be a reasonable level of time to expect if you submitted your application in March 2022 (I am assuming that over the next year processing times will improve in general, hence this estimate of mine).
thanks for this answer! looks encouraging :) although, the most recent processing time estimate from IRCC caught me by surprise. I hope this 27 month estimate doesn't really apply to us March applicants as I remember when I applied on March 23rd, the estimate was around 15 months.. hope this timeline is for older applicants (say people who applied in early 2021)

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
thanks for this answer! looks encouraging :) although, the most recent processing time estimate from IRCC caught me by surprise. I hope this 27 month estimate doesn't really apply to us March applicants as I remember when I applied on March 23rd, the estimate was around 15 months.. hope this timeline is for older applicants (say people who applied in early 2021)
The good thing is that the govt is also making the right noises about trying to clear the backlog. Let's hope they do it. Apparently they will open FSW programs in July as well. I am assuming they are expanding their processing capabilities (which they talked about a couple months ago).

I have started a game in order to avoid anxiety and not checking my application twice a day. I play a game as to how long I can go without checking my application. I try to better my record each time.

The first time my AOR came, after that I checked my application every 3 days. Now, I am on a 10 day stretch without checking my application. Maybe we should all post our streaks here periodically to see who's doing best without checking the application :D

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello everyone
I received my AOR today 22 April and I just remember something that when I was filling out the application online I only mentioned my current passport and I forgot to mention the canceled one that have been expired in 2015 and I renewed it before getting PR means the visa stamp is on the current passport so my question is Did I made a mistake here by forgetting or is it okay or I have to send them the details of the canceled passport??
AOR which I received it’s the same that everyone gets so if someone can please help me here or anyone have the same thing happened with them please help me
Thanks
Jas

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone
I received my AOR today 22 April and I just remember something that when I was filling out the application online I only mentioned my current passport and I forgot to mention the canceled one that have been expired in 2015 and I renewed it before getting PR means the visa stamp is on the current passport so my question is Did I made a mistake here by forgetting or is it okay or I have to send them the details of the canceled passport??
AOR which I received it’s the same that everyone gets so if someone can please help me here or anyone have the same thing happened with them please help me
Thanks
Jas
It's not clear. So the last passport had nothing to do with your PR? It was all on the current passport?

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
I received my AOR yesterday and was trying to register but it’s not letting me so should I try it on Monday because it’s weekend now or it doesn’t matter please answer if someone know about this

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I received my AOR yesterday and was trying to register but it’s not letting me so should I try it on Monday because it’s weekend now or it doesn’t matter please answer if someone know about this
Problems with the site. Many people have been trying 6-10 days. Try in a week or so. GL.