+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I have been told by someone who applied last year , says it took 8 months from AOR to Oath ceremony

That would be a dream come true. I have a friend who applied June 2021 and finished his test March 2, 2022. His background check was completed in about 160 days without fingerprinting. He did not have any update after his test. Waiting for this invitation to the Oath. I was just trying to have an educated guess. Thank you for your reply.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I received AOR April 20, still cannot link to ecas. I know some people were able to do after 24 hours, no luck even after 24 hours.
Error comes as incorrect UCI and Application #. I guess just have to wait
Good luck, I do not like to check the status very day. It is nerve racking. Do you create a new account for that or can use the account you created when submitting the application online?

Reactions: Mohahima
Apr 21, 2022
Hi All,

Physical Days: 1,247
Method: Online
Applicants: 1 applicant
Application sent: March 17, 2022
Delivered: March 17, 2022
AOR: April 12th, 2022

Unable to create an account yet.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
how long has it been taking for folks to progress through various stages of the application? I'm looking at the google sheets tracker and I don't see anyone from Jan onwards getting a test invite. What is the rough timeline for the entire process from AOR until getting the citizenship grant?
Before the pandemic, most people would go from application submission to oath ceremony in under 1 year (usually 9 to 10 months). But the pandemic threw everything off course. People who applied end of 2019 (a large chunk of them) had to wait around 2 years to get citizenship. Similar timeline for people in 2020. People in 2021 had better timelines and now we are seeing people getting AOR within a month's time. This is encouraging. However, I would suggest to keep your expectations to get citizenship anywhere between 15 to 18 months in order to avoid anxiety. I would guess around 15 months would be a reasonable level of time to expect if you submitted your application in March 2022 (I am assuming that over the next year processing times will improve in general, hence this estimate of mine).

Kenvinal

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Whistler
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-11-2019
Hi,

My father submitted online application on March 10, 2022. He received following message in his account -

April 08, 2022

"Hello xxxxx,

Your application for Canadian citizenship is incomplete. We cannot start processing your application for the following reasons:

Physical Presence
In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR)."

Now my father, for a part of his eligibility period was here in Canada on a Super Visa. We calculated 50% credit for the time he spent in Canada on a Super Visa. Which is his case was 365 days (Maximum Allowed).

How do we prove his presence in Canada before becoming a PR?
What documents should we attach to show his presence in Canada before PR?

Appreciate all responses in advance!

Thanks
Hi,
I received a similar message after I first applied in January. I had made an error on the date of my first entry into Canada. You have to fill out a new physical presence in Canada calculation when you resubmit the application. Make sure all the dates your father entered and left Canada are correct as well as his status. The calculator will adjust the time before PR to 1/2 days. The dates you enter are matched to Border records.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hello,

We are planning on filing our Citizenship application towards the end of next week.

I was filling up my application form and was wondering in Q14 did IRCC remove give consent to CBSA checkbox like I saw somewhere from a year or two back in this forum.

Also regarding employment history, since its year and month, lets say if I leave a company on 31st of May 2021 and join a company on 1st June 2021 then it would be 05-2021 end of company A and 06-2021 beginning of company B. Would that be considered a jump in time since I cant say the dates or is that what it should be?

Thank you

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello guys,

I sent my package on March 23rd. Expected to be delivered on March 28

Physical Days: 1,160
Method: Paper based
Applicants: Family of 4
Application sent: March 23, 2022
Delivered:…
AOR received today: Apr 21, 2022

sumeshpankajakshan

Nov 12, 2018
Before the pandemic, most people would go from application submission to oath ceremony in under 1 year (usually 9 to 10 months). But the pandemic threw everything off course. People who applied end of 2019 (a large chunk of them) had to wait around 2 years to get citizenship. Similar timeline for people in 2020. People in 2021 had better timelines and now we are seeing people getting AOR within a month's time. This is encouraging. However, I would suggest to keep your expectations to get citizenship anywhere between 15 to 18 months in order to avoid anxiety. I would guess around 15 months would be a reasonable level of time to expect if you submitted your application in March 2022 (I am assuming that over the next year processing times will improve in general, hence this estimate of mine).
True, I know someone who submitted in 2019 and had to wait more than 2 years.

sumeshpankajakshan

Nov 12, 2018
Physical Days: 1101
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application Submitted: March 25, 2022
Delivered: Online
AOR: April 20, 2022
Whoever is updating the excel sheet, can you please update my AOR date there?