+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Looks like the February online applications are now getting their updates (BG complete / test invites) - hopefully the March applications should see some progress in the coming weeks!

Reactions: arthurbr

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi guys I’m an august 2020 applicant mississauga . Waiting for oath date. I got a ghost update on Friday but not sure what that means. Anyone know?

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Physical Days: 1180
Method: Paper
Applicants: Family (3)
Application Sent: March 16, 2022
AOR: April 08, 2022
Background Check: April 25, 2022
Citizenship Test Taken: June 12, 2022
Citizenship Test Completed: June 14, 2022
Language Skills: Aug 5, 2022
Prohibitions: Aug 5, 2022
Physical Presence: Aug 5, 2022
Oath Ceremony: September 14, 2022 (Done today)

Best of luck to all!
Many Congratulations to you @rokuamit. Please also share what are the steps and timeslines till you receive certificate and passport. It gives a whole timeline on how it works end to end.

Would really appreciate your help. Once again Congratulations.

ythadzz

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
lloydminster
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
14-10-2013
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Waive
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014
Hi!

My AOr is on January 24, 2022. On my application tracker online it says everything is Completed except oath taking is in progress. Its been like that since. I check on ECAs my application for citizenship says Dicision Made. I did not get any notice or whatsoever.

I took my citizenship test on June 17, 2022. I read an article that they will sent notice for oath taking ceremony 3 months after you take the test until now no email or mail.

Anyone same boat sa me?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi!

My AOr is on January 24, 2022. On my application tracker online it says everything is Completed except oath taking is in progress. Its been like that since. I check on ECAs my application for citizenship says Dicision Made. I did not get any notice or whatsoever.

I took my citizenship test on June 17, 2022. I read an article that they will sent notice for oath taking ceremony 3 months after you take the test until now no email or mail.

Anyone same boat sa me?
What is the date for the last update in your tracker?

Ceremony in progress means you have been scheduled for a ceremony meeting. If that happened today, wait for an email. Otherwise, check your spam for an email from IRCC

Last edited:

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Did anyone recieve a forced password change request for the tracker today and then find a ghost update upon getting to the tracker?
No other changes since BG check completed May 24th. Not sure if the password change caused the update or if they are really working on my file.
Very odd the ghost update was Oct 7th but first appeared today Oct 13.

Reactions: Monabil

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Did anyone recieve a forced password change request for the tracker today and then find a ghost update upon getting to the tracker?
No other changes since BG check completed May 24th. Not sure if the password change caused the update or if they are really working on my file.
Very odd the ghost update was Oct 7th but first appeared today Oct 13.
Yes it's a date update for all applicant because of tracker update which happened today.

Kenvinal

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Whistler
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-11-2019
When I try and reset my password this error message appears
"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and ensure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet."
I clicked the box for "applicant," and I did not submit the forms for a representative.

Has anyone else run into this?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and ensure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet."
I clicked the box for "applicant," and I did not submit the forms for a representative.

Remove the hyphens (-) from your UCI. Also I suggest to try again tomorrow, the system is full of errors today

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018

If you scroll up the cause is near the top of the screen. I had the same error and it was that they were requiring a longer password 14 characters.

Nbjam

Jul 24, 2019
Method: Online
Applicants: Single applicant
Application sent: Feb 18, 2022
AOR: March 23, 2022

All segments showing: in progress
last updated October 11, 2022

looking through to see if my time is coming up soon:)

Kenvinal

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Whistler
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-11-2019
Remove the hyphens (-) from your UCI. Also I suggest to try again tomorrow, the system is full of errors today
Thank you, removing the hyphens allowed me to reset the password.
The tracker shows an October 7 update but no change in the status.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Method: Online
Applicants: Single applicant
Application sent: Feb 18, 2022
AOR: March 23, 2022

All segments showing: in progress
last updated October 11, 2022

looking through to see if my time is coming up soon:)
Since your application was delivered in February, your entry is in the Feb tab of the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharing

Please continue posting updates in the February thread of this forum:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2022-citizenship-applications.757112/

Few February 2022 applicants have seen background updates and Test invites coming through so you can expect things to move soon

Reactions: Nbjam

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
Just seen a ghost update on Oct 07th but no progress to my application .

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Just seen a ghost update on Oct 07th but no progress to my application .
I saw the same on mine same date. However I don’t believe that it indicates any attention to my application but rather a system wide change to password requirements. I wouldn’t get excited most apps are taking well over a year to make meaningful progress.