March 2022 - citizenship applications

diogonb

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-05-2022
Hi! Question, in the Background check does it show in the tracker when was it completed? I have already passed the exam and marked completed yesterday but my background check is still in process. thanks
It does show completed, mine did and it was marked completed before the test invitation, but with that said, I do not think they are necessary following a specific order. Originally I though they would complete all the checks before the test, what is the point of asking you to take the test if you might not pass in one of the checks, but as Is aid, in my case, the BG check got completed and before any other check also get completed I received the test invitation, so I am guessing they are trying to expedite things as much as they can, even by sending test invitation before the checks.

So I think you should be good.

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
It does show completed, mine did and it was marked completed before the test invitation, but with that said, I do not think they are necessary following a specific order. Originally I though they would complete all the checks before the test, what is the point of asking you to take the test if you might not pass in one of the checks, but as Is aid, in my case, the BG check got completed and before any other check also get completed I received the test invitation, so I am guessing they are trying to expedite things as much as they can, even by sending test invitation before the checks.

So I think you should be good.
In addition to what you have mentioned, I beleive the processing time and your tracker behaviour might change after the BG check as your application movies from a centeral officer to a local officer to complete the process.

arlaadaa

Aug 22, 2022
Hi All, I submitted paper application for family of 3 in Jan. Sent back for missing 2nd proof for my child, which was sent over again and accepted on March 22. Then the BGC was marked to complete on 12May and since then no update on my application. I have submitted few web forms asking why there is no test invite yet, standard response saying processing delays because of high volume of applications.

Is there a way to find out what is happening with my application? Anyone else with similar timeline and is it normal? Btw, I live in Oakville.

Family Paper Application (3)
Submitted on 22Mar
AOR - 30Mar
BG Completed - 12May
Test Invite -

Last edited:

Pearly000

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Application sent March 20
Application received March 25
LOCATION CALGARY
PAPER APPLICATION , family of 2
AOR April 06
Test invite June 30
Test done July 4th
Finger print request June 26th
FP done June 28
BG complete August 4th
It seems calgary office is slow... I wrote the test Aug 15th and there's still no update on the profile- In progress

longclawatwinterfell

Jan 10, 2018
Hi All, I submitted paper application for family of 3 in Jan. Sent back for missing 2nd proof for my child, which was sent over again and accepted on March 22. Then the BGC was marked to complete on 12May and since then no update on my application. I have submitted few web forms asking why there is no test invite yet, standard response saying processing delays because of high volume of applications.

Is there a way to find out what is happening with my application? Anyone else with similar timeline and is it normal? Btw, I live in Oakville.

Submitted on 22Mar
AOR - 30Mar
BG Completed - 12May
Test Invite -
Hi - Our BG completed on May 31 and since then there has been no movement on our file as well. I raised a webform too but same story - we got a standard reply.

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
It seems calgary office is slow... I wrote the test Aug 15th and there's still no update on the profile- In progress
I did the test since July 04th , still showing in progress , it is weird as I’ve seen many their status complete next day , I had 20/20 by the way

Reactions: Pearly000

Pearly000

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I did the test since July 04th , still showing in progress , it is weird as I’ve seen many their status complete next day , I had 20/20 by the way
Hmmn.. Maybe try to reach out to IRCC? Mine now shows completed.

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020

Submitted on 22Mar
AOR - 30Mar
BG Completed - 12May
Test Invite -
You are already ahead than most of us. There is no way to find what is happening with your application unless you apply for GCMS notes. When you call, customer care will say that the application is in progress. But rest reassured, looks like your application processing has gone well since your BG is completed. You should start worry only if your application is in progress for a year.

Reactions: arlaadaa

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
Hmmn.. Maybe try to reach out to IRCC? Mine now shows completed.
I contacted IRCC and the agent told I should expect a correspondance that he can’t access but only the office can, I am surprised why is this , as I did the test as per the instruction I was given. Does anyone what to expect ?