+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***March 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

Uzma21

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I’m a sponsor for my common law partner, PR app delivered March 5th and nothing yet, no AOR or anything. I tried calling just now to find out what’s up, but I cant for the life of me navigate the menus over the phone. Once I get to checking PR app status it asks me for the first letter of the application number, but as far as I know I don’t have one of those? Am I just being dumb or is there a different menu option I’m supposed to choose?

I should also ask, do we need to maintain visitor record extensions over the entire course of the application? Her second extension ends in July so I want to apply again soon if we need to. We are both in Canada right now.
Hey, you can check the status by putting the receipt number of your payment receipt.

Uzma21

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Does anyone have information, in how many days the biometrics letter is received? I was going thorugh the application tracker and it shows maximum apllicant's receive their biometrics request within a day or so.

nicholas89

Apr 13, 2019
March applicant here. March 12th i believe it is.
I'm sponsoring my Malaysian wife for PR.1

My wife just got a notification that she passed her medical.
How much longer is this supposed to take to get DM or PPR? This is horrendous lol.

Mar 4, 2021

How much longer is this supposed to take to get DM or PPR? This is horrendous lol.
I'm curious about this as well- from what I've seen, it seems to be dependent upon the speed of the VO that your application is at. Based on the spreadsheet, Ottawa seems to be moving relatively quickly...but this is just based on the small sample size of application data that is there. It really seems to vary wildly.

Reactions: sarvesh90

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

How is it horrendous? We just submitted our application less than 3 months ago and have already crossed the halfway stage of processing. The next steps usually take the longest time.
Try saying "horrendous" to people waiting for over 12 months.

Lets be patient.

bishcan

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
How is it horrendous? We just submitted our application less than 3 months ago and have already crossed the halfway stage of processing. The next steps usually take the longest time.
Try saying "horrendous" to people waiting for over 12 months.

Lets be patient.
Yeah, I see lot of people getting really anxious withing couple months. We need to understand that the official processing time is 12 months and still some people are waiting for more than that time. And then there are those whose applications are sent back after 6 months to start all over again. So getting updates within 2-3 months is really like hot knife sliding over butter!!!

Reactions: sarvesh90

Akso

May 28, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband from India. The file was sent on 25th March 2021 and we received the AOR on 1st May 2021. Checked status on ecas it is in process and just shows that the file was received on 29 March 2021. We haven't received the Medical and Biometrics request so far, however, a lot of applicants with the same timeline got it already. Called IRCC, was unable to talk to the agent, however, the recorded message was that my eligibility has not started yet, they don't need medical and biometrics as of now and will let us know if this changes and the background check is in process. Isn't background check the last step? Is this normal?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband from India. The file was sent on 25th March 2021 and we received the AOR on 1st May 2021. Checked status on ecas it is in process and just shows that the file was received on 29 March 2021. We haven't received the Medical and Biometrics request so far, however, a lot of applicants with the same timeline got it already. Called IRCC, was unable to talk to the agent, however, the recorded message was that my eligibility has not started yet, they don't need medical and biometrics as of now and will let us know if this changes and the background check is in process. Isn't background check the last step? Is this normal?
Its definitely odd that you didnt receive biometrics or medical request yet. Are you able to login to ECAS? Can you see Decision Made on the Sponsorship side?

Akso

May 28, 2021
Its definitely odd that you didnt receive biometrics or medical request yet. Are you able to login to ECAS? Can you see Decision Made on the Sponsorship side?
Yes, in ECAS it shows that the file is in process and states that it was received on 29 March 2021.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Yes, in ECAS it shows that the file is in process and states that it was received on 29 March 2021.
You dont see Decision made in ECAS? There are 2 parts on ECAS - one is the sponsorship application and other is Permanent Residency Application. Both show In Process?

Reactions: Akso

Akso

May 28, 2021
You dont see Decision made in ECAS? There are 2 parts on ECAS - one is the sponsorship application and other is Permanent Residency Application. Both show In Process?
yes, both show in process. it also states that they started processing our application on 30 April 2021

bishcan

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Hello Everyone,

You are not alone, Some people got SA, BIL, MED almost after 2 or more months of AOR. Don't worry about the Background check, thats same for everyone from the time you link GCKEY. I think it changes from "In Process" to "In Progress" in later stages. If you have an AOR wait for atleast a month or more before contacting IRCC for updates. Mine is 12th May AOR, nothing other than that. will call IRCC if I don't receive anything early next month.

Reactions: Akso