+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 Non-SDS Applicants Gather Here

po1995

Mar 11, 2021
Query - I have applied for a visa based on an acceptance for York. My course commences in the first week of August, thus, have requested for a visa starting from 8th of July (owing to the mandatory 14 day quarantine and then a few days to get a hang of Toronto). However, I am currently awaiting on an admission decision from UofT. If accepted, that course starts in September - I should hear back from UofT in mid-April.

If I do secure admission at UofT, I will require a visa which is till the September of next year (considering the course length is one year). However, the same course at York ends a month sooner (since it starts a month sooner, too). Is there a way to update the VO about this? I understand that there is an option to inform the VO about a change in DLI. However, will I have the option to request a change in my visa date too?

Apologies for the rather long query. Thanks in advance!

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Query - I have applied for a visa based on an acceptance for York. My course commences in the first week of August, thus, have requested for a visa starting from 8th of July (owing to the mandatory 14 day quarantine and then a few days to get a hang of Toronto). However, I am currently awaiting on an admission decision from UofT. If accepted, that course starts in September - I should hear back from UofT in mid-April.

If I do secure admission at UofT, I will require a visa which is till the September of next year (considering the course length is one year). However, the same course at York ends a month sooner (since it starts a month sooner, too). Is there a way to update the VO about this? I understand that there is an option to inform the VO about a change in DLI. However, will I have the option to request a change in my visa date too?

Apologies for the rather long query. Thanks in advance!
I have applied on the same day and updates same as well.
So far from what I read in this forum, you do need to update after you get the visa. But the other question, I am not sure.
DM me if you would like to share journey.

sam300

Mar 24, 2021
I have applied for non-SDS and received the biometrics letter. Is it possible to do upfront medical now, cuz I have to travel to another city for biometrics and medical and would be real easier to get both of them done at the same time.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I have applied for non-SDS and received the biometrics letter. Is it possible to do upfront medical now, cuz I have to travel to another city for biometrics and medical and would be real easier to get both of them done at the same time.
In my opinion, you could get the medical done and send them using webform with an explanation.

Xclent Shannie

Mar 11, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
26-03-2021
LANDED..........
Aug/2021
Country - Jamaica
Fall 2021 intake
Applied on: 26-March-2021
Biometrics: Upfront (2019)

Rohit21

Jul 1, 2014
Can someone Please comfirm where NON SDS files are being processed? I got medical and Eligibility update at very late night.. So I doubt about it is being processed in India

The reason I am asking because I applied with PTE Academic and I sent my PTE scores to IRCC Delhi for Verification.

Thank You

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Can someone Please comfirm where NON SDS files are being processed? I got medical and Eligibility update at very late night.. So I doubt about it is being processed in India

The reason I am asking because I applied with PTE Academic and I sent my PTE scores to IRCC Delhi for Verification.

Thank You
You can call IRCC and ask where your file is at +19056125416, call using hangouts

Reactions: Rohit21

Bayareawarrior

Feb 22, 2021
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
30-11-2020

Thank You
Hello ,
I’m a Non SDS applicant . I had called ircc twice for my biometrics updation . They told me my file is in Delhi and they cannot access it And also mentioned the entire processing happens in Delhi and not Canada . But someone from this forum said in the later stages the file gets transferred from Delhi office .. not sure about this. Its always best to call IRCC .

Rohit21

Jul 1, 2014
Hello ,
I’m a Non SDS applicant . I had called ircc twice for my biometrics updation . They told me my file is in Delhi and they cannot access it And also mentioned the entire processing happens in Delhi and not Canada . But someone from this forum said in the later stages the file gets transferred from Delhi office .. not sure about this. Its always best to call IRCC .
Yeah it seems my File is transferred from Delhi.. Its not even 4 Week Since I applied so I will wait for few more days before I call to IRCC.

Thank you

Simmi grewal

Aug 28, 2019
Guys i got the answer today and my visa got refused
and this is the reason!

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.