+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2021 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Ron13

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Hi Guys! As a soon-to-be inland sponsorship applicant, may I please know if any of your spouses had issues at the Canada border immigration post for purpose/intention of visit? My spouse has a valid TRV but one of the Immigration consultants has advised me that CBSA might deny her entry suspecting she won't leave Canada at the end of her stay and are asking extra fee (quite a lot) to prepare her for border interview.

I'm confused, is it wrong to let the immigration officer know that my spouse is coming to Canada to stay with me and we plan to apply under Inland Sponsorship category? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

R3dbeard

Dec 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi all, I received my biometrics collection letter on Sept. 29th and gave my biometrics on Oct. 4th, and my CIC dashboard is still saying "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." Also no biometrics number or date on the dashboard. I'm guessing I just need to be patient and wait, but the thing that makes me nervous is I stupidly forgot to bring my biometrics collection letter with me when I had them collected, but they were able to look me up by my application number anyway. I'm 95% sure I'm worrying for nothing, but as Oct 29th is my deadline to give them, I'm getting slightly nervous.

Has anyone else needed to give biometrics recently and waited a long time for the dashboard to update?

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi, anyone received AIP but not SA? I heard they usually come on the same day or SA first. I’m worried cause we received AIP but not SA.

Zoe.C

Feb 5, 2021
Hi there,

Does anyone know is the medical exam for applying the study visa different from the immigration one? Cuz my status now shows " medical exam passed" which I did for my study visa 2 yrs ago. And I got a reminder for medical exam today.

Should I ignore it or should I go for another medical exam in this case??

Thanks in advance.

Asingh95

Star Member
Nov 19, 2021
Hi there,

Does anyone know is the medical exam for applying the study visa different from the immigration one? Cuz my status now shows " medical exam passed" which I did for my study visa 2 yrs ago. And I got a reminder for medical exam today.

Should I ignore it or should I go for another medical exam in this case??

Thanks in advance.
Damnnnn same thing happened to me.

R3dbeard

Dec 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi all, I received my biometrics collection letter on Sept. 29th and gave my biometrics on Oct. 4th, and my CIC dashboard is still saying "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." Also no biometrics number or date on the dashboard. I'm guessing I just need to be patient and wait, but the thing that makes me nervous is I stupidly forgot to bring my biometrics collection letter with me when I had them collected, but they were able to look me up by my application number anyway. I'm 95% sure I'm worrying for nothing, but as Oct 29th is my deadline to give them, I'm getting slightly nervous.

Has anyone else needed to give biometrics recently and waited a long time for the dashboard to update?
Updating in case anyone else ever has the same set of circumstances. I still had no indication of my biometrics being received by IRCC up to today. I set up a new appointment with my local biometrics collection location and went there this morning, this time with my biometrics collection letter, and explained the situation. They said they were unable to check the status of my biometrics with IRCC, but they would retake my fingerprints and submit them again to see if that would resolve the issue. My IRCC account now (just a few hours after my appointment) shows my biometrics number, dates of enrollment and expiry, and the line lower on the page now says "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes."

So if you somehow forget your collection letter but they still take your fingerprints, based on my experience I would reschedule and re-submit with the collection letter, don't wait to see if the dashboard updates for two months.