+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Congratulations to your wife!!!

When did you submit your UP request? Did you only submit through webform? I submitted mine through webform and then sent the same information to my local processing IRCC office, the email address provided in the test invitation, 5 days later I called IRCC to confirm if they had received the request. Also you can try to send the same information to your MP and to the Minister@cic.gc.ca, don't know if the Minister email is monitored but it won't hurt.

You need to provide enough supporting documentation about the UP.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much I did first time December , than 2nd time 21/01/2022 , my office is Ottawa
Yes I have a solid file
I don't have the Ottawa (as customer service advise) office email since I am over 55 did not receive test email
For PM just email or request in person appointment

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thank you so much I did first time December , than 2nd time 21/01/2022 , my office is Ottawa
Yes I have a solid file
I don't have the Ottawa (as customer service advise) office email since I am over 55 did not receive test email
For PM just email or request in person appointment
But you and your wife applied from the same location and she received an email when was invited to take the test? you can use that email address. PM search your district and you will find their email address there, all I did was through email.

Search here with your postal code https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search

Reactions: Rakit

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
But you and your wife applied from the same location and she received an email when was invited to take the test? you can use that email address. PM search your district and you will find their email address there, all I did was through email.

Search here with your postal code https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search
My wife her file was handled by Niagara falls team, and mine based on the call center they advised Ottawa. Just was in a call they advised that my file was transfered to ottawa office , however the ottawa office did not put any notification weired

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Hi there! I took my citizenship this past Wednesday Feb 24 and passed it. I checked my application status and shows citizenship test completed. However; a few minutes ago I got a new invitation to take the citizenship test which is also reflected in my "app history" - feb 24 citizenship test passed followed by feb 28 you've been invited to take the citizenship test.

What should i make of this?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi there! I took my citizenship this past Wednesday Feb 24 and passed it. I checked my application status and shows citizenship test completed. However; a few minutes ago I got a new invitation to take the citizenship test which is also reflected in my "app history" - feb 24 citizenship test passed followed by feb 28 you've been invited to take the citizenship test.

What should i make of this?
Well, probably you had issues with your ID or photo or technical issues during the exam. Did you check that your camera was open all the time during the test? They always set the test to complete in the dashboard, that doesn't mean the accepted it as passed, the score is temporary until an IRCC has had the opportunity to review the activity during the test and the pictures you provided of your ID and yourself. If this is the case you will receive the official test invite a couple of days before the second test date or it could be a glitch in their system as well. Try to call IRCC to confirm what is the case.

Reactions: Adeelsyed

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Well, probably you had issues with your ID or photo or technical issues during the exam. Did you check that your camera was open all the time during the test? They always set the test to complete in the dashboard, that doesn't mean the accepted it as passed, the score is temporary until an IRCC has had the opportunity to review the activity during the test and the pictures you provided of your ID and yourself. If this is the case you will receive the official test invite a couple of days before the second test date or it could be a glitch in their system as well. Try to call IRCC to confirm what is the case.
No technical issues during the exam. Camera was on all the time, there's a small preview of your webcam that appears on the bottom right of the screen and it was on during the entire exam.

Will i receive official communication from IRCC on whether there was a problem? Should i go ahead and re-take? I'll try calling them next week.

Reactions: Strongfaith42

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
No technical issues during the exam. Camera was on all the time, there's a small preview of your webcam that appears on the bottom right of the screen and it was on during the entire exam.

Will i receive official communication from IRCC on whether there was a problem? Should i go ahead and re-take? I'll try calling them next week.
How about the pictures of your ID and yourself, were they clear? Do you have a window to retake the exam? Probably better to call them and found out what was the issue, or if it is only a glitch in their system.

Arjen1980

Dec 5, 2015
There was a request to confirm the email for oath ceremony was sent out. I received the email from CIC on Feb 21, for my ceremony on March 4, 2022.
All the best everyone!
AK

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,634
App Sent Date: March 27, Online
App Delivered Date: March 27
AOR: August 19,2021
Oct 27: test invite + passport page request
Nov 14: test completed, passed
Feb 3, 2022: Language, Prohibitions etc completed.
Feb 21, 2022 : Oath ceremony email received.
March 4, 2022: Citizenship ceremony.

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hello,
I have a question for V.G user from Montréal.

I see that you got your OATH on march 11.
I would like to ask, is your application urgent?

I have similar dates to you so I wonder if I can take yours as a reference.

Thanks in advance if you can respond

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Hi, could you help update my status? Thanks
Test invite letter received: Feb 9th 2022
Test done: Feb 27th 2022, passed with 20/20
BG verification completed: Feb 15th 2022

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
There was a request to confirm the email for oath ceremony was sent out. I received the email from CIC on Feb 21, for my ceremony on March 4, 2022.
All the best everyone!
AK

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,634
App Sent Date: March 27, Online
App Delivered Date: March 27
AOR: August 19,2021
Oct 27: test invite + passport page request
Nov 14: test completed, passed
Feb 3, 2022: Language, Prohibitions etc completed.
Feb 21, 2022 : Oath ceremony email received.
March 4, 2022: Citizenship ceremony.
Congratulations!! As Calgary is removing restrictions on March 1, is the ceremony still online or in person?

Thanks

vsbarath

Feb 29, 2016
Friend with the name VSB (Mississauga office), I didn't see your update in this forum but I do see that all your status are now completed. When did this happen? Your and my timeline are very identical and our office is the same. Please respond.
@Strongfaith42 did you make the update for him?
Hi ranameraj! Yes, they were marked as completed on Feb 21st for me and my wife, but everything remains in progress for my kid - I guess that's expected for kids in a family application. Yes, I updated the tracker myself.
Let's hope the Mississauga office sends out the oath invitations soon. I've been checking the application status obsessively every day like a lot of folks in this forum. :)