+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi everyone can someone guide me please
One of my teacher applied citizenship from Montreal on august 2021 background check completed and now He want to visit home country next month what if he submit urgent processing will it work? Or he should go to home country and processing may be delays for not communicating during process? He is over 60 years

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
One of my teacher applied citizenship from Montreal on august 2021 background check completed and now He want to visit home country next month what if he submit urgent processing will it work? Or he should go to home country and processing may be delays for not communicating during process? He is over 60 years
background check completed doesn't imply major progress milestone completed, few months to go! i highly doubt even if he send request for urgent processing, anything will be done in a month! specially at this stage!

Reactions: r4rameezraja

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
This is in the IRCC website, I don't think this qualifies as urgent request but you can try

The application processing times show how long it will take us to process your application for Canadian citizenship. If you think you have an emergency and won’t receive your citizenship in time, you may apply for urgent processing.

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in special cases. We check every urgent request to see if it meets the conditions for urgent processing. If your application doesn’t meet the conditions, we will process it normally.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

As he is over 55 he submitted a paper application, therefore the processing is going to be long, he doesn't need to advise IRCC about his plans to travel to his home country at this stage.

t_obz

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
Test status changed to Completed - Jan 21

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
Hey all! I have a question; I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony on February 16th, however, I will not be in Canada then. Does anyone know if it possible to request to have it a week after on Saturday? Because that is the only time I have a time off, I can travel back to Canada that week and have it done, then travel back and come back in April I guess to have my passport because I only have a time off the 25th to the 28th, and I really don't want to have to report it for further dates... Is that something anyone has done?

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
Also, is there a way to get the passport like a day or 2 after the ceremony? Does that mean that my travel document gets cancelled?

SuperSaiyanGod

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Nomination.....
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
My test and background completed almost two months ago, why I have received an interview invitation today and tomorrow is my interview. I’m nervous
How did it go? Was the interview online or in person?

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
My husband got the Oath ceremony for Feb 10th today i.e. on Jan 21 (No official email received just updated on online application)

However, only background check and Test is marked as "complete" everything else is "in Progress" including Oat ceremony. I read in the forum in past, usually everything is marked to complete and later we get oath ceremony. any one in same situation?

Any comments?