Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Guys, got an update.

Updated: January 12, 2022
VO: Scarborough

Single (Online)
Application sent: March 14, 2021
Application Delivered: March 14, 2021 5 Year Eligibility: March 14, 2016 to March 13,2021
AOR: August 24, 2021
Background Completed: September 20, 2021
Test invite: October 29, 2021
Test Taken: Nov 14, 2021
Test Status Updated: Nov 16, 2021
Language skills completed: January 11, 2022
Physical Presence Completed: January 11, 2022
Prohibitions Completed: January 11, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

My wife's Application:

Single (Online)
Application sent: March 27, 2021
Application Delivered: March 27, 2021 5 Year Eligibility: March 27, 2016 to March 26,2021
AOR: August 31, 2021
Background Completed: January 11, 2021
Congratulations!

Reactions: Blackhawk66

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hey everyone.

My application has been updated on the new tracker.
It has never been visible on old ecas.
This post is mainly for Hamilton applicants.

Updated: January 13, 2022
Hamilton, ON

Family application sent in March 2021
AOR: May 31, 2021
Background Completed: July 29, 2021
Test Taken: Jan 9, 2022
Test Status Updated: Jan 10, 2022
Language skills completed: January 12, 2022
Physical Presence Completed: January 12, 2022
Prohibitions Completed: January 12, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

Cheers.
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Hamiltoncitizen

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi I am May 28th 2021 applicant.
Today i checked my status it says Updated January 11th 2022 but i cant see any updates like test invite or Background completed.
Can somebody tell me what it means.. please and thanks.
Your will see an actual updated in a couple of days.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hi everyone,
I checked my status on the tracker today (strangely I don't get any emails about updates) and everything but the 'citizenship ceremony' is complete. Any idea what's next? Will I be getting an email about a proposed date and time? Also, my last update (language) was done on Jan 5th, how much more time to the ceremony? Thanks everyone.

sjm

Jun 25, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 2013
LANDED..........
June 2014
Hi everyone,
I checked my status on the tracker today (strangely I don't get any emails about updates) and everything but the 'citizenship ceremony' is complete. Any idea what's next? Will I be getting an email about a proposed date and time? Also, my last update (language) was done on Jan 5th, how much more time to the ceremony? Thanks everyone.
Thatès good News, they moved your file ahead. You should get an oath confirmation soon.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Thatès good News, they moved your file ahead. You should get an oath confirmation soon.
Thanks sjm,
Will the confirmation be via email or do I have to keep looking in the tracker also any idea how much longer will it take?
NOTE: I am an online applicant.

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
I need your advice. I have had my decision made since Dec 20th. I told the agent that interviewed me that I can only be in Canada until the last week of January, however, I need to go back to my job next week, otherwise, I will lose my job. I am leaving on Friday, I am already two weeks late. The agent who interviewed me left a note to mention that I will not be in Canada after January which I don't know if it served for much. I applied three times for UP. The last time was because I received an email from an agent with a link to apply for UP which I thought was ridiculous since I had already applied twice and she was replying to my second UP, so I kept wondering why she didn't process the UP and either accept it or not instead of sending me links I have already used. Anyways, I don't know what to do because I really thought I would have received my certificate by now and leave after I get my passport, but this doesn't seem like a viable option anymore. I don't know if I am ranting or asking for advice, but I am very lost right now because say I receive my oath invite a week after I leave?! I can't afford to travel back and forth, and I can't afford to lose my job, and the thought of having to reschedule an oath ceremony that I have been waiting for anxiously breaks my heart... what am I supposed to do now?

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
So you do get an email when you are scheduled for the oath? I only keep checking on the tracker since I thought you weren't notified when you are scheduled until you get the email with the information about the oath. The reason I keep on checking is because I have to notify my office about the oath date so they can move my patients around my schedule on that day.
Yes, I received oath invitation email 2 weeks prior to my ceremony.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Thanks sjm,
Will the confirmation be via email or do I have to keep looking in the tracker also any idea how much longer will it take?
NOTE: I am an online applicant.
They will send the oath invitation email 2 week prior to your schedule date and time.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Anyone still waiting for a status update for DM since Nov after exam completion form the Scarborough office ?
Yes completed test on 15 Nov, nothing after that applied family application paper based on 3rd of March 2021 , aor April 28 2021 .

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I need your advice. I have had my decision made since Dec 20th. I told the agent that interviewed me that I can only be in Canada until the last week of January, however, I need to go back to my job next week, otherwise, I will lose my job. I am leaving on Friday, I am already two weeks late. The agent who interviewed me left a note to mention that I will not be in Canada after January which I don't know if it served for much. I applied three times for UP. The last time was because I received an email from an agent with a link to apply for UP which I thought was ridiculous since I had already applied twice and she was replying to my second UP, so I kept wondering why she didn't process the UP and either accept it or not instead of sending me links I have already used. Anyways, I don't know what to do because I really thought I would have received my certificate by now and leave after I get my passport, but this doesn't seem like a viable option anymore. I don't know if I am ranting or asking for advice, but I am very lost right now because say I receive my oath invite a week after I leave?! I can't afford to travel back and forth, and I can't afford to lose my job, and the thought of having to reschedule an oath ceremony that I have been waiting for anxiously breaks my heart... what am I supposed to do now?
In your case, if you haven't received your oath ceremony invite- you simply have to wait. Since you said you have to leave by end of January there is no way you are going to have your passport with you by then. Because you will get oath invite via email 2 weeks prior to the schedule date and then comes Oath ceremony. After ceremony it will take around 2-4 weeks to get your citizen certificate by mail which is required to apply for passport.

The only thing you can do is to wait for the oath invite email in which they have provided a number or you simply have to reply back to that email the reason for being out of country (My visa office is Mississauga, yours can be different). Then may b they will find a solution or reschedule your date. Please read the email below:

***Please read the attached Notice to Appear carefully to verify the date/time of your appointment and to ensure you have all required items listed on the Notice to Appear in order to be eligible to participate in your Citizenship Ceremony.

Important:
· If you are unable to attend this event, please read the information in the Notice to Appear, and contact us as soon as possible at
CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca or at the mailing address mentioned on your Notice to appear. Please include a reasonable explanation as to why you are unable to attend.
· If you are planning to travel outside of Canada using a Canadian passport shortly after your scheduled Citizenship Ceremony, we recommend that you don’t finalize your travel plans until you apply for and receive the passport. For further passport information on locations, timelines, fees, policies and procedures, please consult the website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports.html
· It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number). Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.

I hope this helps. Please do not worry this can be reschedule, this is not once in a lifetime opportunity. You will be fine. :)
All the best :)

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Yes completed test on 15 Nov, nothing after that applied family application paper based on 3rd of March 2021 , aor April 28 2021 .
SO LUCKY
people form 2020 and 2019 still waitinf for test