+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

fkbrun

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
For the people scheduled for the oath in the next few days, has anyone received the email with the actual invitation and instructions?

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
Hi,

My test Completed on 29.Oct.2021 and Physical, Language, and Prohibitions still in progress then I emailed the office last week, they replied to me today, and said that your application is still in process, no final decision has been rendered.

Finley

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-05-16, CoPR 20-05-16
Hi I passed the citizenship test on the the 9th of Nov and I checked my status today and It say "in progress", "waiting on you" and that I need to submit additional information, last updated the 11th of Nov. I haven't received any emails since I got the test invite, but I did submit my passport scan a couple of days late back on Nov 8th. I wrote a message explaining why and haven't heard back since. Is there a number to call to see if they got it or should I email the same address again or just sit tight. Thanks.

Language In progress
Physical Presence In progress
Test Completed
Background Completed
Prohibitions Completed
Ceremony Not started

Sosad1234

Nov 19, 2021
Is there any applicants like me who sent application by paper and get nothing after Background changed to Completed?
When can we get the test invite while others have received Oath invite.

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
Hi I passed the citizenship test on the the 9th of Nov and I checked my status today and It say "in progress", "waiting on you" and that I need to submit additional information, last updated the 11th of Nov. I haven't received any emails since I got the test invite, but I did submit my passport scan a couple of days late back on Nov 8th. I wrote a message explaining why and haven't heard back since. Is there a number to call to see if they got it or should I email the same address again or just sit tight. Thanks.

Language In progress
Test Completed
Background Completed
Prohibitions Completed
Ceremony Not started
Email them on same address and they will let you know.

Reactions: Finley

Sumit Edwards

Jun 21, 2017
Is there any applicants like me who sent application by paper and get nothing after Background changed to Completed?
There are many paper based submissions who are yet waiting for the test invitation and have not heard anything after BG complete . So, Need not worry. Check the excel tracker for more updates, and u will get a better picture of actuals..

Last edited:

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Yes, I am one of those, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do, also time varies as the local office processing your application probably has a backlog due to COVID.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

Language In progress
Test Completed
Background Completed
Prohibitions Completed
Ceremony Not started
Better to contact them and ask if they received the PP copies, some members have indicated that they sent the PP copies replying to email where they received the test invite and PP request and also submitted it through webform. You can call them as well, just be persistent and call until you get in, the machine says that if you are not calling for the reasons they mentioned you should hang up, just ignore that message and keep listening to the options until you an agent answers your call.

Reactions: Finley

au_09

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Hello friends,
My AOR was in august, and got test invite, PP request, and FP request in early October. I submitted all and took the test in mid October. Test status got updated to completed a few days later, and FP was received. BG check and all other items except ceremony are in progress. I’m worried about the BG check taking too long. Anyone in a similar situation?

Finley

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-05-16, CoPR 20-05-16
Better to contact them and ask if they received the PP copies, some members have indicated that they sent the PP copies replying to email where they received the test invite and PP request and also submitted it through webform. You can call them as well, just be persistent and call until you get in, the machine says that if you are not calling for the reasons they mentioned you should hang up, just ignore that message and keep listening to the options until you an agent answers your call.
Thanks.

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
I know, they are currently sending test invites to 2020 August - September applicants, still a long way to get to us!
Hi, I'm wondering if the test can be done from abroad? I don't expect myself to be in Canada for a long time, until I must be back.
Is it easy to convince the officer to take the test abroad? Are there many people successful doing this?
Maybe it's not a popular question. Thanks.

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi, I'm wondering if the test can be done from abroad? I don't expect myself to be in Canada for a long time, until I must be back.
Is it easy to convince the officer to take the test abroad? Are there many people successful doing this?
Maybe it's not a popular question. Thanks.
Yes you can take the test abroad. i did mine on september. when you receive the instruction for the test , it will tell you what to do ( you need to send the email with your plane ticket and the boarding pass)

Soj917

Jul 14, 2018
Wow thank you my friend! I will keep you posted. hoping to write this weekend. should be more than enough to studty.
still didn't get the email. but I did click on the link on the tracker profile and did rthe test this morning. Passed it! feels good

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello friends,
My AOR was in august, and got test invite, PP request, and FP request in early October. I submitted all and took the test in mid October. Test status got updated to completed a few days later, and FP was received. BG check and all other items except ceremony are in progress. I’m worried about the BG check taking too long. Anyone in a similar situation?
Sometimes BG verification changes to be completed after FP are received, but sometimes it takes a couple of weeks, have you tried replying to the email from where you received the FP and ask them the status of the FP and when you BG will change to complete? I did it and they replied back.