+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Does anyone know how long it will take to get the update on test status to completed?
I had test in the morning hours of Nov 11 and passed, still the status didn’t got updated..
Also do the IRCC team work on Saturday too, for us to see the updates in the tracker.

Last edited:

janedel

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Nomination.....
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
30-11-2015
Med's Request
31-05-2016
Med's Done....
09-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017 (went on vacation before doing the landing)
Hi. Asking for a friend. Does anyone of you have any idea what will happen to the application if the spouse didn't pass the citizenship test and applied as family. Is CIC going to process the application separately or wait for the other family member to pass the test? Thanks

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Does anyone know how long it will take to get the update on test status to completed?
I had test in the morning hours of Nov 11 and passed, still the status didn’t got updated..
Also do the IRCC team work on Saturday too, for us to see the updates in the tracker.
Hello
it depends on the offices , my wife last time took her test OCT 29th , and the update was Nov 4th.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi. Asking for a friend. Does anyone of you have any idea what will happen to the application if the spouse didn't pass the citizenship test and applied as family. Is CIC going to process the application separately or wait for the other family member to pass the test? Thanks
I would say it depends on the local office processing your application, I think they will try to keep the family application together so all members can attend the oath the same day as a family, but circumstances could change that as a family member failing the test more than once.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=361&top=5

If you do not pass the second test, we will send you a notice telling you to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer. During this hearing, the citizenship officer may assess whether you meet all the requirements for citizenship. During an oral interview, the citizenship officer may:

• test your knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
  • ask questions about your residency in Canada; and/or
  • assess if you have adequate knowledge of English or French.
If you are asked to attend an interview, but applied for citizenship with your family by sending your applications in the same envelope, your application will be processed separately from your family's unless you want them to be processed together.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Yes it varies by the local office processing your application it could be within a day, weeks or months. You won't probably see an updated during the weekend, if the are working the update will show up until Monday.

Blackhawk66

Jun 3, 2021
Category........
Other
Hi Guys. Just passed the test 19/20. Used PR card as ID. Tried driving license almost 10 times, but it was blurry.

Office is Scarborough. What trends say how long it ll take them to update my file? Does anyone from Scarborough Office received oath invitation?

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi admin ,,

please update the sheet /tracker

Status updated on Nov 9 . But i checked only today :)
ECAS - Decision Made
Tracker - All status completed . Oath Ceremony - Not Started
Paper applications - Mississauga Office .

I heard from some friends that this office is very busy for ceremony and hence it will take some 5-6 months to get the oath date . But i am not sure .

All the best to others . God bless .

Reactions: didigege

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Guys. Just passed the test 19/20. Used PR card as ID. Tried driving license almost 10 times, but it was blurry.

Office is Scarborough. What trends say how long it ll take them to update my file? Does anyone from Scarborough Office received oath invitation?
Congratulations, I have updated the spreadsheet! Next step could be within a couple of weeks or months

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi admin ,,

please update the sheet /tracker

Status updated on Nov 9 . But i checked only today :)
ECAS - Decision Made
Tracker - All status completed . Oath Ceremony - Not Started
Paper applications - Mississauga Office .

I heard from some friends that this office is very busy for ceremony and hence it will take some 5-6 months to get the oath date . But i am not sure .

All the best to others . God bless .
Congratulations, I have updated the spreadsheet! It is a waiting game and very hard to predict. You can check the trends in the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1081870630

Please keep us posted.

Arjen1980

Dec 5, 2015
Update:
October 27: Received Invitation to complete test and upload all pages of passport.
Nov 14 : test completed, Passed.

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,634
App Sent Date: March 27, Online
App Delivered Date: March 27
AOR: August 19,2021

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Update:
October 27: Received Invitation to complete test and upload all pages of passport.
Nov 14 : test completed, Passed.

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,634
App Sent Date: March 27, Online
App Delivered Date: March 27
AOR: August 19,2021
Congratulations, I have updated the spreadsheet.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Received my invitation for the test, window of November 5 - 25. Took test on November 13th and passed.
Congratulations, I have updated the spreadsheet! When did you receive the actual email with the test invite? and has your background verification been set to completed?

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hey everyone,

Quick question: the ECAS doesn't seem to have my application on record. The only way i can check my citizenship application status is through the tracker. Is that correct? ECAS shows nothing. Please advise. Thank you

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hey everyone,

Quick question: the ECAS doesn't seem to have my application on record. The only way i can check my citizenship application status is through the tracker. Is that correct? ECAS shows nothing. Please advise. Thank you
It is normal for online applicants, you would only have access to the new dashboard (tracker).

Reactions: maddy044