+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Citizenship Test: Complete on 28 Oct. Please update.

Rest "in progress" except Citizenship oath - Not started & BG -Complete.

Any idea when other will show as complete? Is it after we get the oath invitation?

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I guess we just added at least 6 months to our citizenship processing time...:oops: Couldn't wait any longer to receive test invite, had to move from Saskatchewan to Alberta. Just updated IRCC on new residential and mailing address. Good luck everyone, hope you all receive good news soon!

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
I'm getting a bit anxious. My BG was completed on Aug 18, and still no word on when I can take my test.
I see others have received their test invitation shortly after passing the background check. Hopefully, mine doesn't take much longer (sigh)

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I'm getting a bit anxious. My BG was completed on Aug 18, and still no word on when I can take my test.
I see others have received their test invitation shortly after passing the background check. Hopefully, mine doesn't take much longer (sigh)
I and my husband apply almost together. He applied 15 days before me. and he did not get test invitation and I got the invitation.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I guess we just added at least 6 months to our citizenship processing time...:oops: Couldn't wait any longer to receive test invite, had to move from Saskatchewan to Alberta. Just updated IRCC on new residential and mailing address. Good luck everyone, hope you all receive good news soon!
Well offices in Alberta are very slow processing paper applications, I have seen some online applicants receiving their test invites, tough. My family and I have been waiting for test invitation after the change to In Process in ECAS June 9, BG verification completed for 3 members on June 11 and the fourth one was required to provide FP, BG was completed on Aug 19, haven't heard anything from them. Based on information in the spreadsheet it appears that the average days between IP to test, for paper applications in Calgary is about 180 days (6 months), so I would expect to receive the test invitation late December or early January, we'll see what happens, I believe in miracles so hopefully, one will happen with our applications, and our offices will catch up with the other ones in Ontario.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
It varies by the local office processing your application, I have been waiting since June 9, but Calgary office is very slow.

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Next step will be Decision Made, which could be within 1-3 months, based on information from previous months' applicants, and after that Oath, as you are in Toronto, they are scheduling Oaths future dated to the first quarter in 2022, so you should be ok. These are only my personal observations from the spreadsheet, some have received Oath invitations dated March 2022 but then IRCC changed it to Oct or Nov 2021, but as we are 2021 applicants, I am guessing they will schedule Oaths until 2022 and give priority to 2018-2020 applicants for any oaths during the last 2021 quarter.
Looking at the progress here just curious to know what are my options if I get an invitation but I am not able to join. I guess need to be physically present in Canada even for the online oath.

I believe I will have the option to say that I am not able to attend if that date is too near to my travel date (I know it will add some waiting time!)?

Cheers,
NC

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Looking at the progress here just curious to know what are my options if I get an invitation but I am not able to join. I guess need to be physically present in Canada even for the online oath.

I believe I will have the option to say that I am not able to attend if that date is too near to my travel date (I know it will add some waiting time!)?

Cheers,
NC
Yes, I think when they send the Oath ceremony email invitation they will ask if you are in Canada, you will have the option to reschedule if you can come back before the Oath ceremony date. It will add waiting time to your process, but you will have that option if your trip can't be postponed.

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Well offices in Alberta are very slow processing paper applications, I have seen some online applicants receiving their test invites, tough. My family and I have been waiting for test invitation after the change to In Process in ECAS June 9, BG verification completed for 3 members on June 11 and the fourth one was required to provide FP, BG was completed on Aug 19, haven't heard anything from them. Based on information in the spreadsheet it appears that the average days between IP to test, for paper applications in Calgary is about 180 days (6 months), so I would expect to receive the test invitation late December or early January, we'll see what happens, I believe in miracles so hopefully, one will happen with our applications, and our offices will catch up with the other ones in Ontario.
I don't know why the offices in Alberta and Saskatchewan are so slow to process these applications... Hope you and your family will receive an early Christmas present and finish the tests before the new year. You are so right, there are definitely still miracles around us every day! Good luck, keep us posted on your progress.