+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello all, quick update. My oath ceremony was done yesterday. 82 people attended from 39 countries. Oath of Citizenship conducted by Calgary office.

Registration went fast- at least for me- where they confirmed address, asked to cut the pr card, asked if any travel is planned in the next month, and then transferred into the main ceremony room. Upon joining the meeting, they ask you to rename yourself with seat number in front , followed by your first name. After registration, they transferred me into the main ceremony room. There I waited for others to join for about 1 hour.

Observation: lots of elderly people either on their own or with family (probably around 60% or more in this particular ceremony), many wearing suit and a tie, or tradition clothes; some displayed Canadian flag and other paraphinelia at the background. Ceremony itself was conducted by the judge and the ceremony assistant who was directing everyone what to do (when to turn the camera on, mute/unmute yourself- so better practic etc.). Overall the ceremony itself took about 30 mins - speech, repeat of the oath in english and french, sing national anthem and take photo/selfie with the judge. The directions on how to fill and send the oath of affirmation of citizenship was at the very end- and it was presented as a slideshow - about 5-8 mins. They encourage to email the filled copy of it asap or within 2 days, and it will take 2-4 weeks to get the certificate.

People were encourage to stay back to ask questions if they had any at the end. I left as I had none. I hope this info helps someone.
Congratulations!!! and thanks for sharing your experience. :)

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
It is better to have the most up-to-date information with IRCC, remember that when you get to the Oath step, your certificate will be sent to the address IRCC has on file.
As we are talking here about mailing address updates.
I have a quick question/concern.

In my application I entered home address (Ontario) and mailing address (Alberta) NOT same.

As I was going to travel to my home country after applying for my citizenship, in my application my mailing address is of my cousin in another province. So, that no mails/communication are lost when received by IRCC.

The home address is not determine as I am not in Canada currently and got stuck due to travel ban.

Any complications you think I may encounter? Any suggestions?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
As we are talking here about mailing address updates.
I have a quick question/concern.

In my application I entered home address (Ontario) and mailing address (Alberta) NOT same.

As I was going to travel to my home country after applying for my citizenship, in my application my mailing address is of my cousin in another province. So, that no mails/communication are lost when received by IRCC.

The home address is not determine as I am not in Canada currently and got stuck due to travel ban.

Any complications you think I may encounter? Any suggestions?
I don't think there is any risk now, you will need to be in Canada to take the Oath, but as you already have the mailing address to a different location and they have it right, it should be fine.

Reactions: RoseDB

miania93

Apr 1, 2021
Update!

In process: Aug 17

Background verification completed: Oct 4

Test invite Oct 12, Test window: 21st of Oct to 10th of Nov

Just passed my test 20/20 (27th of Oct)

Edit: I just noticed they requested scans of all of the pages in my passports held in the past 5 years on the 19th of Oct :eek: Submitting them now... Hopefully I'm not missing anything else!

Last edited:

sanddip

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi, I couldn't find your information in the spreadsheet, could you please provide the following?

Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Family and number of applicants - 3
Application sent - 27 Jan 2021
Filed: 4 Mar 2021
AOR: March 31, 2021
Fingerprints required - 28 Jun 2021
Fingerprint results: Received - 26 Jul 2021
Background completed: 27 Jul 2021
Test window: 25 Oct 2021 to 15th Nov 2021
Test email invitation received: 14 Oct 2021

Other applicants have reported that it could take from 1 day to weeks or months, it all varies by the local office processing your application.

Reactions: Strongfaith42

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
I sent them a passport copy today, should I wait for their receipt or response?
They will not respond. Although you can email them a week later to confirm whether they have received it or not.

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
How much time they give between the email invite for oath ceremony and actual oath date? Or do you get to pick an oath date from available slots? Thanks!
There is no specific timeline as I see the spreadsheet. It is just randomness.