+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steps and order may vary if it is paper or online application and which local office is processing your application.

What we have seen so far is the following:

AOR
In Process (old ECAS)
it appears online applicants can't access this tool
Background verification (new dashboard) -File transferred to local office, you won't see this in any of the trackers, only if you request ATIP/GCMS notes or by calling IRCC. Some applicants have reported ghost updates and after a couple of days BG is set to completed, some others have seen the Ghost Update but no changes to BG which could mean applicant will be requested to submit Fingerprints, it could take from 4-8 weeks (this varies between online or paper applications) after the ghost update to see the change to FP requires (not all applicants are required to provide FP only those cases when IRCC needs to resolve problems or errors that may happen if your name, date of birth and/or place of birth are similar to those of someone else)
Test invitation : online have been receiving test invites faster than paper applicants, but it varies based on your local office, the more active offices are in Ontario. Some online applicants have received test invitation and request to submit Passport photocopies simultaneously.
Interview: may be required, now it appears they have removed this step by requesting your passport photocopies, not all applicants will be required to attend an interview
Decision Made: After test and / or interview Physical presence, Prohibitions and language skills will be set to completed in new dashboard. In old ECAS will be Decision Made
Oath Ceremony invitation

Hope this helps, timing again will vary and each application has its own complexities.
what all local offices do we have in Ontario ?? Does Windsor have one or is that region served from Toronto ??

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Ghost update on Citizenship tracker for me today. Nothing actually changed but hoping it will in the next couple of days.
Mar 22 application Online
AOR: 16 Aug
Ghost update: Sep 30

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Did you get the update in the tracker or the email with invitation? Could you please share what is the test window? Thanks
Hey, I got an email invitation. The window is Sept 27th til Oct 17

Reactions: Wandering Mind

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
I have a job offer that requires me to have my citizenship. I am trying to send a Web Form for urgent processing, but when I complete everything on the web form, l click on Next so I can add the supporting document, but it doesn’t work at all.

any idea or past experience with this?

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
I got my fingerprints request on 29th Sep, submitted it on 30th. Have to wait for 1.5-3 weeks until they receive it.

alexo21

Mar 5, 2021
I got my fingerprints request on 29th Sep, submitted it on 30th. Have to wait for 1.5-3 weeks until they receive it.
Seems they are requesting a lot of FPs for March applicants it seems there is a change in process maybe. Is it from IRCC Vancouver too ?

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Yes, from Vancouver. but looking through the forum, I noticed that its normal, 1 per household. My spouse didn't get a request but got background check as complete.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I have an update. My citizenship test started to show as completed on September 30. Hopefully, they have approved my test despite my problems with taking picture of my photo ID.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Hi, I have an update. My citizenship test started to show as completed on September 30. Hopefully, they have approved my test despite my problems with taking picture of my photo ID.
When did u give ur test I have given my test on 29th September

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I have a job offer that requires me to have my citizenship. I am trying to send a Web Form for urgent processing, but when I complete everything on the web form, l click on Next so I can add the supporting document, but it doesn’t work at all.

any idea or past experience with this?
Maybe if you try to use a different browser or computer or reset your computer and clear the cookies, that might help.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hopefully the did, when they mark the test as completed it means you took action and completed the test, some that have failed the test, see the same progress and in a couple of weeks or months the test status goes back to In Progress and another test invitation is sent. But your case might be different. Please keep us posted.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hopefully the did, when they mark the test as completed it means you took action and completed the test, some that have failed the test, see the same progress and in a couple of weeks or months the test status goes back to In Progress and another test invitation is sent. But your case might be different. Please keep us posted.
Oh ok! I didn't fail the test as I got the temporary unofficial score of 20/20 but had trouble with taking picture of my photo ID. Hopefully they have approved my test.

Btw, did the guys who got status of test completed fail their test (got below 15/20) or they had other problems like me? Nonetheless, I'll definitely keep you guys posted.