+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

from_india_to_canada

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hello folks, most of February folks (till Feb 27th) have received their AOR’s today. Its a flood & that’s what they’re saying at least, lol.

Those of you who applied via Online application in the first week of March, keep an eye on your inbox & please do update us of your status..
We have two reports of Feb 28

Reactions: jackbauer

UncleJ

Apr 25, 2021
Hi guys,

my AOR was received in the beginning of May, but since then there has been no progress on my application. ECAS shows application was received in March and AOR was sent in the beginning on May. I’m seeing people’s status changes to in process usually within a few days of receiving their AOR up to a month maximum; is there anyone else in the same boat as I am?

I had also made a mistake whilst filling out my application form and I sent a web form with the correct information after I received my AOR. I called IRCC and they confirmed they received my web form and added to my file. However they also said my application is still in the Sydney office, which means it hasn’t been sent to my local office yet.

is this timeline normal? Given that people’s background verifications are being completed, and my application hasn’t even started processing yet? And what if anything can I do in scenario?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys,

my AOR was received in the beginning of May, but since then there has been no progress on my application. ECAS shows application was received in March and AOR was sent in the beginning on May. I’m seeing people’s status changes to in process usually within a few days of receiving their AOR up to a month maximum; is there anyone else in the same boat as I am?

I had also made a mistake whilst filling out my application form and I sent a web form with the correct information after I received my AOR. I called IRCC and they confirmed they received my web form and added to my file. However they also said my application is still in the Sydney office, which means it hasn’t been sent to my local office yet.

is this timeline normal? Given that people’s background verifications are being completed, and my application hasn’t even started processing yet? And what if anything can I do in scenario?
To change to In Process it could take from 2 to 6 months, there are January applicants still waiting to change from Application Received to In Process, they are waiting for your security and criminality results (background check), after that it will be transferred to your local office. Background checks can take a long time, you can read more about it here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Reactions: UncleJ

UncleJ

Apr 25, 2021
To change to In Process it could take from 2 to 6 months, there are January applicants still waiting to change from Application Received to In Process, they are waiting for your security and criminality results (background check), after that it will be transferred to your local office. Background checks can take a long time, you can read more about it here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
Thanks very much @Strongfaith42, really appreciate you taking the time to respond.