+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

phahlos

Jul 21, 2013
Hi,

My ECAS status changed to "In process" on July 22, 2021
For the new tracker, it is showing that the last update was on July 23, however, it is not shown what item was updated. The information shown is still as before:
Background verification - In Progress
Language skills - In Progress
Physical presence - In Progress
Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship test - Not Started
Citizenship ceremony - Not Started

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi,

My ECAS status changed to "In process" on July 22, 2021
For the new tracker, it is showing that the last update was on July 23, however, it is not shown what item was updated. The information shown is still as before:
Background verification - In Progress
Language skills - In Progress
Physical presence - In Progress
Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship test - Not Started
Citizenship ceremony - Not Started
Probably your BG verification will be completed in the next couple of days!

Reactions: phahlos

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My tracker shows another change in the last update date (July 28) without any new data on the new or the old tracking systems
At least that mean that they are working in your file, if your background verification has not been completed, maybe they will require fingerprints, just keep monitoring.

Reactions: phahlos

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Stupid question here but got to ask. Do we get an email notification once any status changes either in old ECAS or the new application tracker or do I need to track by logging in everytime?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Stupid question here but got to ask. Do we get an email notification once any status changes either in old ECAS or the new application tracker or do I need to track by logging in everytime?
No email or notification, until you actually have to take any action. For example if background verification is changed to completed, you won't know until you check your dashboard. If fingerprints are required the dashboard will be updated 1 o 2 days before receiving the email with instructions from the Vancouver office. Test will be scheduled in the dashboard and you will receive the email a couple of days before the start of the test window. If oath is scheduled, some have seen the Oath scheduled now and the date is until September, they wouldn't know unless they check the dashboard because the email with Oath invitation and instructions will be sent a week before the actual Oath date. In summary better to check the dashboard and ECAs in a frequent basis.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

Hamiltoncitizen

Feb 24, 2021
Hey everyone.
My application was updated today, July 30, 2021 on the new tracker.
It states that background verification is completed.
By the way, I still have no access to my application on the old Ecas.
Cheers.

Last edited:

hafizmuhammadatif

May 19, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 / FEB / 2016
AOR Received.
19-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
Hi , My family application came back as I did attached wrong fee receipt. The returned application has receiving stamps and punch on overall package . Should I send new application form or just update the fee receipt ? Although pictures need to be retaken as they have passed mark of 6 month .

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi , My family application came back as I did attached wrong fee receipt. The returned application has receiving stamps and punch on overall package . Should I send new application form or just update the fee receipt ? Although pictures need to be retaken as they have passed mark of 6 month .
I got my package back in February 2021, and they indicated that I didn't need to fill out a new form or physical presence, my photos were lost during the process, therefore I was requested to provide new photos for all family members. I have seen others that application was returned, they just attached or add the missing documents and sent it back to them. Make sure you add a copy of the correct receipt in each of your family members package. Read carefully the returned letter and instructions provided there.

t_obz

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
What is your time line ? When did you get AOR
AOR - April 21

I cant remember the exact date I submitted or when it was received. But I think its first week of March

Family of 3

cgb

May 4, 2010
Can someone please update the tracker? Thank you!

CGB (line 117)
In process: June 25
Test invite: July 27 for online test window July 30-Aug 19
Test date: July 30 - I passed!

in ecas/online tracker: Background verification completed on July 15th. Citizenship test updated to completed on Aug 3rd.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Can someone please update the tracker? Thank you!

CGB (line 117)
In process: June 25
Test invite: July 27 for online test window July 30-Aug 19
Test date: July 30 - I passed!

in ecas/online tracker: Background verification completed on July 15th. Citizenship test updated to completed on Aug 3rd.
Congratulations, this has been updated in the spreadsheet!!!!

Reactions: cgb