+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I applied last month 20th march by online but now there is different option now selected applicant can apply and only those can apply online who did not spend time out side Canada in Physical presence calculator
Our app will not be considered according to this condition?

SoloLim

Sep 27, 2018
I believe you’re referring to time spent outside Canada as a crown servant or family member of a crown servant. If those conditions don’t apply to you and met all other conditions, then you can apply online.
Hi Everyone,
I applied last month 20th march by online but now there is different option now selected applicant can apply and only those can apply online who did not spend time out side Canada in Physical presence calculator

Reactions: r4rameezraja

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,
This is NOT true. The instruction still reads:

At this time, you can only apply online if
  • you’re randomly selected
  • you’re eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship (opens in a new tab)
  • you have a valid email address
  • you’re between 18 to 54 years of age when you submit your online application
  • you’re applying for yourself only (not with your family)
  • you do not have a representative(opens in a new tab)
  • in your physical presence calculation (opens in a new tab) , you do not include time spent outside Canada as a
    • Crown servant (opens in a new tab) or,
    • family member of a Crown servant

Where are you getting your (mis-)information from?

Reactions: r4rameezraja

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
This is NOT true. The instruction still reads:

At this time, you can only apply online if
  • you’re randomly selected
  • you’re eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship (opens in a new tab)
  • you have a valid email address
  • you’re between 18 to 54 years of age when you submit your online application
  • you’re applying for yourself only (not with your family)
  • you do not have a representative(opens in a new tab)
  • in your physical presence calculation (opens in a new tab) , you do not include time spent outside Canada as a
    • Crown servant (opens in a new tab) or,
    • family member of a Crown servant

Where are you getting your (mis-)information from?

what do they mean by randomly selected !! This is new? Doe they mean you apply online and cross your fingers to be selected !

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
It means that whoever visits the page and can see the link is "randomly selected", open the page in incognito mode and refresh few times and you will see the link.
That dosent make sense at all ! The link is always there ! I dont need to refresh to see it?

i don mean you , i mean thier wording! This is somthing serious , either it work or not what is this illogical sentence!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
That dosent make sense at all ! The link is always there ! I dont need to refresh to see it?

i don mean you , i mean thier wording! This is somthing serious , either it work or not what is this illogical sentence!
The link isn't always there, you were randomly selected to see it. The HTML source reveals how they "randomly" select people.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
The link isn't always there, you were randomly selected to see it. The HTML source reveals how they "randomly" select people.
Thanks for the explanation! , so now i have created an account , does this means i’m safe and this “ randomly selected “ phrase wont affect the processing of my application!?

I’m really puzzled if i should apply online or just fill a paper form. Logically it seems the online option should be faster but this has not been the case recently with people who applied in the past month? I still beleive the online application will move faster eventually though?

Any thoughts to share guys?

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Thanks for the explanation! , so now i have created an account , does this means i’m safe and this “ randomly selected “ phrase wont affect the processing of my application!?

I’m really puzzled if i should apply online or just fill a paper form. Logically it seems the online option should be faster but this has not been the case recently with people who applied in the past month? I still beleive the online application will move faster eventually though?

Any thoughts to share guys?
Yes, IRCC is notoriously known for wordings that confuse rather than clarify. Having said that, if you can see the link and apply then it implicitly means you have been "randomly selected to apply".