+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm considering applying for Canadian citizenship next month and had a question about the 2 identity documents to be sent as part of the application - if someone doesn't have a driver's license in Canada, what other document can that person use along with the Health Card?

Thanks and regards.
you can submit biography page of your passport or any government issued ID that is not expired and contains your first name, last name, date of birth, signature.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hello
Physical Presence Days:1187
Application: Married (paper)
Application sent: March 14 , 2021
Delivered:
5 Year Eligibility:2016-03-13 to 2021-03-13
AOR:
Wife
Physical Presence Days:1187
Application: Married (online)
Application sent: March 15,2021
Delivered: March 15, 2021
5 Year Eligibility:2016-03-14 to 2021-03-14
AOR:
-( the only thing for both of us we did included our country police certificate, (answered the question yes and should be No) and after reading all forums normally we should not because we have here for 4 years. So I am not sure if that will impact the application, if they will accept it or return it).
there is textbx below where you enter an explanation for the gap. The paper application tells you that if you landed straight from your home country as PR, mentioned it there and it will be good.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
hi guys,
Did you have trouble filling out the latest version of the application form (10-2020)? I'm having issues with the date boxes and I can't validate

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
hi guys,
Did you have trouble filling out the latest version of the application form (10-2020)? I'm having issues with the date boxes and I can't validate
try changing the end dates. there should be no gaps. that is why it is not validating

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
C
submitted 2 applications online today.

Status- Submitted, waiting for AOR
Could you please provide the following? With this I will update the tracking spreadsheet. Thanks
Application: Single/Family and number of applicants
Application sent: March xx, 2021
Delivered: March xx, 2021

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
C

Could you please provide the following? With this I will update the tracking spreadsheet. Thanks
Application: Single/Family and number of applicants
Application sent: March xx, 2021
Delivered: March xx, 2021
Physical Presence Days:1176
Application: 2 single applications ( online); for me and my wife
Application Submitted Online: March 22, 2021

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
I donot think that PR card is a travel document.

Please refer this link which can help you get some clarity :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html

Cheers !
i have put PR card as one of the identification document.

The government site says that if you are submitting PR card as one of the evidences, then the 2nd piece of evidence should also be a government approved ID

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have put PR card as one of the identification document.

The government site says that if you are submitting PR card as one of the evidences, then the 2nd piece of evidence should also be a government approved ID
P.S. : PR card can be used as an ID document (if the secondary Id is issued by government) and not a travel document.

sraboni5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Hello everyone... anyone here faced any issue while submitting application online? I am planning to do it online by end of this month, but heard about the system glitches and information not being saved properly.. anyone you guys know who submitted online and received AOR?

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
P.S. : PR card can be used as an ID document (if the secondary Id is issued by government) and not a travel document.
copying it from the goverment site

"
  • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
"

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hello everyone... anyone here faced any issue while submitting application online? I am planning to do it online by end of this month, but heard about the system glitches and information not being saved properly.. anyone you guys know who submitted online and received AOR?
not me. just make sure to save changes everytime you update

Reactions: sraboni5