March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Submitted my application today. Received two email instantaneously:
Le français suit.

This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

Hello,

This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your citizenship application.

We’ll review your application to make sure you
• provided all of the information we asked for
• uploaded all required documents correctly
• paid the fees

We’ll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgement of receipt or AOR) once an agent starts reviewing your application.

• It can take some time before you receive the AOR.
• Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it.

Sign in to your account at any time to
• download a copy of your application
• find out what you can do after you apply

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

Hello,

This email has the link to download a copy of your citizenship application.

Sign in to your account to
• return to the page with the download link
• try downloading a copy of your application again

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
For latest Citizenship application form CIT 0002 (10-2020) E, section 15, language evidence section grey out and can’t fill in. Everyone same like me? Or my computer PDF software something wrong? I tried with 2 computers same thing. Any idea? Thanks in advance.
When you download the new form, it will show you Section 15 “English Language” as greyed out. And you cannot fill it. However once you start filling the Form and properly/fully complete Section 1 to Section 14 only then Section 15 will become available to fill in / type in.

Reactions: myat

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would anyone at all recommend submitting online application at this point?
I submitted it for my spouse yesterday. Only risk is that it may still take longer than paper application. They had planned 10% applications (of target group) as online for pilot, so they may assign team accordingly. However much higher %age is applying online as seen in tracker.

Although, as it is 3.5 months since they introduced this system, I am hoping that they must have fixed major defects.

Last edited:

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
question for anyone applying over online. there is only one option to upload the photograph file but they are also asking for photographer's receipt. are you guys merging both the files as PDF before uploading?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
question for anyone applying over online. there is only one option to upload the photograph file but they are also asking for photographer's receipt. are you guys merging both the files as PDF before uploading?
You can upload 2 files, one after another.

new3b

Jul 19, 2016
Hi everyone,
For latest Citizenship application form CIT 0002 (10-2020) E, section 15, language evidence section grey out and can’t fill in. Everyone same like me? Or my computer PDF software something wrong? I tried with 2 computers same thing. Any idea? Thanks in advance.
i got the same prob, and downloaded/updated a new version of adobe reader. the prob was solved. good luck.

Reactions: myat

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Please add to tracker

Physical Presence Days: 1118
Application: Single
Application sent: March 13, 2021
Delivered: March 13, 2021 (Online)
5 Year Eligibility: 2016-Mar-13 to 2021-Mar-12
AOR:

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hey guys, I have a few questions as I'm preparing my application. I'd really appreciate any help / experiences.

1. Hey guys, in question #5 “Have you ever used other name(e.g. Alias, Nickname, previously married, etc.).” Should I mention that my colleagues at work and some friends call me by English version of my middle name cause it’s easier to pronounce?

2. if I had a work permit based on LMIA should I say I was a “Temporary Worker” or “Temporary Resident Permit Holder”?

3. Should I treat the Bridging Work Permit (implied status) as a separate work permit or continuation of my previous work permit?

4. When I received my work permit before the 5 year period (2014) but it ended within the 5 year period (2016). What date should I put in the calculator when they say "Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between 2016-03-15 and 2018-02-22 and select Add Entry. Select Calculate when you have finished listing all periods of temporary residence."? the 2016-03-15 or the actual starting date from 2014? Also, Should I split them in 2?

5. Just before my work permit ended (June 2016) I submitted an application for the "bridging work permit" and I had implied status up until February 22 2017. On that date I received an email that it ended. Which date should I use as the end of that work permit? The actual expiry date on the work permit or (June 2016) or the letter fro CIC officially ending my implied status?

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
are they asking for the receipt to be joined to the photos for people who are applying online!!

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, I just submitted my application, my data is as follows.

Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: March 03, 2021
Delivered: March 03, 2021 (Online Application)
5 Year Eligibility: March 3rd, 2016 - March 2nd 2021
AOR:
Hello please
My wife will apply online we have read that there is a different rules for photography. Please what did you used for the part of photographer information (was it the back of the picture or receipt). Any help will appreciate it

new3b

Jul 19, 2016
Hello please
My wife will apply online we have read that there is a different rules for photography. Please what did you used for the part of photographer information (was it the back of the picture or receipt). Any help will appreciate it
i did it in staples. i got a printed hard copy with photo and all information including date, time of taking pic and location. the only thing needs to do, i guess, is to scan this hard copy and original receipt. Attached them with the photo itself. System allows to upload two files. Hope it helps. good luck.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i did it in staples. i got a printed hard copy with photo and all information including date, time of taking pic and location. the only thing needs to do, i guess, is to scan this hard copy and original receipt. Attached them with the photo itself. System allows to upload two files. Hope it helps. good luck.
Hello please
As per instructions given, scanned copy of photo is not allowed. If you click on help you will find below instructions for digital photo. For photographer info I used scan of receipt.

The photo must
  • be a colour digital photo (not black and white)
  • be taken within the last 6 months
  • be taken by a commercial photographer
    • You must also upload the photographer information.
    • Include the
      • name and address of the business
      • date photo was taken
    • We accept the photographer’s receipt or a text file.
  • have a plain white or light-coloured background
  • include the full front view of the head and tops of shoulders
  • clearly show your face
    • looking directly (square) at the camera
    • in the middle of the photo
    • with a neutral expression (not frowning nor smiling)
    • with your mouth closed
    • even if you wear a head covering
  • have a frame size of 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide X 2- 3/4 inches long)
  • be between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to top of the head
    • If there is hair or head covering, this goes from chin to where the top of head or skull is visible.
  • have a maximum file size of 4 MB
  • have a minimum image size of 420 x 540 pixels
  • have a file format of JPEG or JPEG 2000
You may wear

• transparent (non-tinted) prescription glasses
    • Your eyes must be fully and clearly visible.
    • Do not wear sunglasses.
  • a head covering (your face must be fully visible)
  • hair accessories and make-up as long as it doesn’t hide your normal appearance
Do not

• upload scanned photos
  • send us a picture of a paper photo
  • use a smart phone to take the photo
  • change the digital photo in any way
    • You may reduce the photo’s file size (maximum 4 MB).

sl512

Sep 21, 2017
I submitted it for my spouse yesterday. Only risk is that it may still take longer than paper application. They had planned 10% applications (of target group) as online for pilot, so they may assign team accordingly. However much higher %age is applying online as seen in tracker.

Although, as it is 3.5 months since they introduced this system, I am hoping that they must have fixed major defects.
The tracker is biased though towards this audience (who is savvier than average), I expect lots of people who don't participate in this forum aren't aware of online applications, and even if they had 10% chance to see the link, not everybody would just go and register the account right away. And by the time they come back the link would be gone again. And definitely very few would examine the source of the page to figure out how it works.

That update they did on March 2 brings hope that they are actively working on it, lots of people before were reporting bugs how multiple residencies weren't saved etc. Seems to be better now.

Still it's very disappointing how poorly things are communicated within IRCC, how multiple agents apparently weren't even aware of the program or couldn't "find" applications. I can't imagine this sort of inefficiency happening in the private sector.

Reactions: softwaretesting