+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Fab80

May 7, 2022
Did you receive an email for interview with interview date? You should have received it when you are requested for PP copies. At least that's my case.
No, I haven't.
I was going by what I read here and there, that after passport request often comes an interview. I know it's not guaranteed though.
I am just trying to make the waiting more interesting by guessing the next step :)

sumesh2279

May 7, 2022
Greetings

We are scheduled for a citizenship ceremony on May 18th but have not received any invitation email. Any idea how long does it usually take to receive an invitation. I was planning to contact them but thought of checking with you all to see the time that they usually take to send.

Application : March 2021.
Citizenship Exam: Nov 8th
File updated (Background, etc) : Jan 26th
oath status updated online : May 2nd
Invitation received : Not yet.

Thanks a lot

Edited : Corrected spelling

kuldeepklu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hey Everyone, I finished my Oath Ceremony on April 13. Sent the form right away. Haven't received anything from them since then. No update. No confirmation or Citizenship Certificate. New tracker still shows 'In Progress' for cermony. Ecas has been updated to 'Complete'. (Niagara Falls Office)

Anybody else in the same boat? What is the typical timeline from Oath to receiving Citizenship Certificate?
Received my Citizenship Certificate on April 28 and Status on the new tracker shows as 'Closed'. Thanks everyone who helped during this journey.

Fab80

May 7, 2022
Greetings

We are scheduled for a citizenship ceremony on May 18th but have not received any invitation email. Any idea how long does it usually take to receive an invitation. I was planning to contact them but thought of checking with you all to see the time that they usually take to send.

Application : March 2021.
Citizenship Exam: Nov 8th
File updated (Background, etc) : Jan 26th
oath status updated online : May 2nd
Invitation received : Not yet.

Thanks a lot

Edited : Corrected spelling
It seems like the invitation email comes a couple of days before the ceremony.

harsha6269

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
june 1 2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Med's Done....
13 june 2018
Hi ,
Got an update. received an interview with the citizenship officer on the 20th may. it said the interview is to validate my documents. can someone please advice what would happen in the interview and what's the process and timeline be like after the interview. Thanks

lildor10

May 20, 2021
Pretty much the same situation.

Oath on18th May. Travelling June end.

Need to know what the process & timeline is between Oath Ceremony & Passport.
My husband got his certificate 2 days after the oath (Vancouver) but it is almost impossible to get a passport. They have no appointment available and walk ins are for emergency cases like if you are travelling within the next 2 days. Even so, they can't get in as there is a long queue. Do you know if you can go abroad with your non Canadian passport and when coming back use citizenship certificate instead of PR?

sumesh2279

May 7, 2022
Pretty much the same situation.

Oath on18th May. Travelling June end.

Need to know what the process & timeline is between Oath Ceremony & Passport.

my Oath is also on 18th may. I have confirmed indian tickets on june 20th for 3 of us . There is no cancellation for this ticket so have to figure out a way to get Citizenship certificate, Passport and Indian visa . I am considering to avail emergency passport 10 days option . Indian visa is taking upto 20 days but a friend of mine recently got it in 3 days though they said 20 days (BLS toronto). We should be able to make it some how.

by the way I have not yet received my oath email. the tracker is updated with the oath ceremony in progress but have not yet received any confirmation email from their end yet . Have you received ?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my Oath is also on 18th may. I have confirmed indian tickets on june 20th for 3 of us . There is no cancellation for this ticket so have to figure out a way to get Citizenship certificate, Passport and Indian visa . I am considering to avail emergency passport 10 days option . Indian visa is taking upto 20 days but a friend of mine recently got it in 3 days though they said 20 days (BLS toronto). We should be able to make it some how.

by the way I have not yet received my oath email. the tracker is updated with the oath ceremony in progress but have not yet received any confirmation email from their end yet . Have you received ?
Entry visa processing time for Canadian nationals is 7 working days.

Reactions: sumesh2279

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Hi ,
Got an update. received an interview with the citizenship officer on the 20th may. it said the interview is to validate my documents. can someone please advice what would happen in the interview and what's the process and timeline be like after the interview. Thanks
I did it several days ago.
I was requested to send full passport copies in the email. During the interview, the officer asked me to show PR card/Passport, and additional ID. It took about 10 min. Quick and easy.
The status in tracker was updated 1 day after the interview.

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Hi @Strongfaith42 , could you please update my case below

Citizenship Ceremony in progress: May 6th
Oath scheduled on Jun 6th

Question here, is there any way to postpone the oath ceremony? I'm outside of Canada and thinking to delay Oath like a month.

Thanks.

Reactions: summaiya_t

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi @Strongfaith42 , could you please update my case below

Citizenship Ceremony in progress: May 6th
Oath scheduled on Jun 6th

Question here, is there any way to postpone the oath ceremony? I'm outside of Canada and thinking to delay Oath like a month.

Thanks.
Of course, you can postpone your oath ceremony. All you have to do is reply to the same mail address where you received your notice to appear notifying them of your intention to postpone. The caveat though (and this is important) is that when you reschedule, rescheduling for another oath is at their discretion which means they might reschedule your oath for next month (like you want) or next year. It's really anyone's guess.

Good luck.

Reactions: Mari_8

IT_2015

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-08-2015 SA Oct 5, 2015
File Transfer...
21-10-2015 in Process Oct 6th, 2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Hello everyone,
My husband's online thing was updated on May 6th with everything being completed except Oath Ceremony. any idea how long it might take for him to get the invitation for the oat ceremony?
Also the email address that he got his test invitation from is: IRCC.DNPNTCITScheduling-PlanificationCITPTNRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Any idea which processing centre is this ^?

Thanks so much!!

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Of course, you can postpone your oath ceremony. All you have to do is reply to the same mail address where you received your notice to appear notifying them of your intention to postpone. The caveat though (and this is important) is that when you reschedule, rescheduling for another oath is at their discretion which means they might reschedule your oath for next month (like you want) or next year. It's really anyone's guess.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply.
I'm not in a hurry at this stage. So will request a postpone.