+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
First things first. A big shout to this forum here and it has been like we have all been on this journey together! (for all those waiting in the wings...have faith and hang in there!). :)

I had my oath ceremony on 30th March. Was very smooth and efficient. I just saw the tracker and see that my citizenship application status updated today to Closed!

The clerk at the ceremony mentioned that we would get the certificate in mail in 2-4 weeks. Fingers crossed for that now.

Cheers,
NC
Good news....I received my citizenship certificate in the mail from Canada Post today. Ceremony on 03/30 and certificate on 04/08...so it is very efficient from Scarborough office.

Next stop...Passport application.

All those still waiting for test invites and oath dates...sit tight!

Cheers,
NC

Ryan Gotham

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Are paper applicants (family) from Vancouver doomed?

AOR - April 2021. Background verification completed in July 2021. No updates since.
Didn’t expect to be close to oath ceremony or anything. Just the citizenship TEST invite will do a whole lot to calm my nerves.

Now that the CIC processing time has been increased to 27 months I’m not sure whether to contact local MP to find out more about my application or request NOTES.
WOULD YO BELIEVE IT??

Just right before submitting the webform I checked one last time for status, and it’s CITIZENSHIP TEST INVITE!!
Feels good :)

prabhdeol94

Jun 24, 2014
Hello all! I recently completed my citizenship test on march 18th, 2022 and status changed to completed for it. Somehow physical presence, prohibition and language skills are still in progress. Did someone else still have those pending while already finishing the citizenship test?

I applied in March 30, 2021 and finally got to write my citizenship test. How long does the invitation for oath ceremony take after completing the test/ completing all phases of the application process?

I'm kind of worried that they let me write my citizenship test without checking my PP, language proficiency and my prohibition.

AP1009

Nov 8, 2018
Hello all! I recently completed my citizenship test on march 18th, 2022 and status changed to completed for it. Somehow physical presence, prohibition and language skills are still in progress. Did someone else still have those pending while already finishing the citizenship test?

I applied in March 30, 2021 and finally got to write my citizenship test. How long does the invitation for oath ceremony take after completing the test/ completing all phases of the application process?

I'm kind of worried that they let me write my citizenship test without checking my PP, language proficiency and my prohibition.
Not to worry, I was in the same situation and going through this forum, I realized it wasn't just me. The timeline really varies for everyone, in some cases people had to wait months on end before they received an update. Specifically, in my case, I was done with my test in November mid, and I received updates like physical presence etc. in the last week of March. Sit tight, best of luck!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

maybe 2-3 months if you are lucky

Reactions: adrianganea

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021

I am in the same boat. Nothing to worry.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I am about to take citizenship exam online. Just to double check with you guys. This is a home based online exam on my PC. Thats it?
Keep your mouse in the test window. Do not click elsewhere. Block any system notification pop-ups. Make sure you appear in the bottom right window.

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Congrats. When were your documents accepted and where are you located? I’m still waiting and wanted to know if things are advancing with Montreal office. Thanks
Documents accepted in Aug 2021 and located in Ontario. Received the oath invite from Scarborough office though.