March 2021 - Citizenship applications

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone has oath scheduled at Mississauga office for April (or took oath in March)? If so, when was decision made for you?

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I failed the test what will happen now ?
When they will reschedule? Is the re test is different from the main one ?

it was very difficult

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
I sent my document on April 1st 2021. Only Background verification has been completed and everything else in process. But the tracker shows applicant sent after me has taken oath already. It has been exactly one year. What might be the issue? Any idea?

IRCC website says they are now finalizing application from Nov 2019. If they are now dealing with application from Nov 2019 then for IRCC to even touch my file it will even more than 1 and half years.

I am so frustrated. My other friends oath ceremony is done even though those people applied months after me.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I sent my document on April 1st. Only Background verification has been completed and everything else in process. But the tracker shows applicant sent after me has taken oath already. It has been exactly one year. What might be the issue? Any idea?

IRCC website says they are now finalizing application from Nov 2019. If they are now dealing with application from Nov 2019 then for IRCC to even touch my file it will even more than 1 and half years.

I am so frustrated. My other friends oath ceremony is done even though those people applied months after me.
April 2021? or 2020?

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Just to put things in perspective: some 2019 and 2020 applicants still waiting the test. I waited 18 months to receive test invitation, although others finished the process in less than 12 months. It's frustrating and unfair, but this is IRCC.
My application should have zero error. Whatever...

I sent to renew my PR. do you know how many days IRCC takes to renew PR?

These are some highly inefficient government offices, employees.

fkadry

Mar 9, 2022
Are there any March 2021 paper applicants here who didn’t get test invite yet? I’ve only had BC completed last Sept and nothing else afterwards. Thanks.
Yep, my BG check completed on Aug 3rd 2021, and no updates since then. (Montreal visa office, paper application)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My application should have zero error. Whatever...

I sent to renew my PR. do you know how many days IRCC takes to renew PR?

These are some highly inefficient government offices, employees.
It think it takes up to 4 months to renew PR card, at least that was the processing time when I renewed my card late last year. Yes, inefficient processing and a mess all over. This what happens when you close everything and you don't have an alternative strategy.

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
It think it takes up to 4 months to renew PR card, at least that was the processing time when I renewed my card late last year. Yes, inefficient processing and a mess all over. This what happens when you close everything and you don't have an alternative strategy.
The backlog of citizenship applications increased in February. Based on the statement from the new immigration minister it seems this is one area where they are least interested to proritize.