March 2021 - Citizenship applications

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I have a small query. I see in the online tracker that my Oath Ceremony is scheduled for April 14th but I have not got an email with the details. Does that come after a few days?

Regards,
Yes, likely you will get email around April 7th.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

AP1009

Nov 8, 2018
Congratulations on being scheduled for your Oath. I too have been reluctant to send a webform, but reading through these forums, it seems it can't hurt especially if it is nicely worded. As I am less known for my diplomacy skills and more straight talking than most people, I was wondering if you could give me some tips on what exactly to say in web form to give IRCC a gentle nudge to get my citizenship application moving along. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou! I guess the best you could do, while typing up your webform, is to be precise and respectful of the fact that they are dealing with an onslaught of applications in varying immigration categories (some of which are from 2020 n 2019 as well). The backlog is huge, and they, I would like to believe, are doing as much as is humanly possible. Your webform would serve as reminder - so any severity of language or reflection of anger/frustration ( as much as it out of indignation, however, is no one's fault in particular) in your words wouldn't really grease the wheels. I would suggest, don't wait any longer, just send your form, there is nothing to lose. Remember, being kind and empathetic aren't necessarily equivalent to being diplomatic, they are just real great virtues.
All the best, I really hope your patience pays off, and also that my suggestions aid you in the way you had hoped :)

AP1009

Nov 8, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a small query. I see in the online tracker that my Oath Ceremony is scheduled for April 14th but I have not got an email with the details. Does that come after a few days?

Regards,
Mine is on that day too, I have read and heard that you get an email a week prior to the date of your oath ceremony. We have a couple of weeks in between, so all's good.

AP1009

Nov 8, 2018
The web forms agents have no power to do anything on your file other than send your request to the processing office, and you won't get an update the next day just because of a web form because their response times are now over a month.

Probably so, but at this point it is more like whatever floats one's boat: a fluke or not.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi, I'm a paper based applicant and my processing office is Scarborough. My application is routine. I received my last update on September 30 2021 when my test was completed but since then not a single update.

Someone said on this forum that one can contact their local MP to know the status of their application. Can someone explain me the process? Does contacting MP really give some answers about your application and also does it in anyway speed up the processing time?
Sometimes it works, depends on your MP. Find the name of your MP here https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en, put your postal code. Then send an email with your details, they will reply back with a form that you need to fill out. After that, it will take a couple of weeks for them to get some information.

My recommendation to those waiting is to contact IRCC through webform, cal center, ATIP/GCMS notes, MP, etc, don't let our file stay stale. I always got an update on my file after GCMS were processed. Another recommendation is to be polite, I know the wait is frustrating but being polite will give you better results.

Good luck!

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yes, likely you will get email around April 7th.
Yes that is correct. I was wondering for the longest time myself as my oath is scheduled for 30th March. The email came in on 22nd March. The trend on the forum from my analysis is that it comes in 6 days before ceremony in most cases.

Regards,
NC

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Does anyone here know the process to expedite the citizenship certificate?

I just saw my tracker update with Oath invitation for April 19. Scarborough office

I have to travel to the US for work on Apr 29, so I really need the certificate ASAP so I can get the Canadian passport before I travel - otherwise I'm stuck cause I'll have no PR card to return via flight. I'd have to fly to Buffalo and cross the land border which is a huge pain. I have a US visa on my current Indian passport so travelling to the US isn't an issue, but coming back is.

I can provide flight details and a letter from my employer as proof. Once I have the certificate, I can get a passport through urgent processing, but I do need the certificate first.

Anyone has any tips on what to do here?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hey team! Hoping for some advice. Scarborough office.

Hey everyone! Got my update -
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Solo Application
sent: March 23rd, 2021 (Online)
AOR - 18th August 2021
Invitation to online test - 3rd November 2021
Online test - Completed 10th November tracker updated
Language skills, BG verification, Prohibitions - Completed Jan 10th
Citizenship Ceremony - This is still pending since January 10th. Is this something I will just have to keep waiting for? Anyone got an expected timeline?

My PR runs out In September so just wondering whether I should start the process of getting the card renewed or just hope for the best for this ceremony to hurry up.
If you meet the urgent processing cases, you could request that, otherwise all you can do is wait, timelines varies based on your local office processing the application, in general I have seen the average time from all completed to Oath is around 4-6 months.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Does anyone here know the process to expedite the citizenship certificate?

I just saw my tracker update with Oath invitation for April 19. Scarborough office

I have to travel to the US for work on Apr 29, so I really need the certificate ASAP so I can get the Canadian passport before I travel - otherwise I'm stuck cause I'll have no PR card to return via flight. I'd have to fly to Buffalo and cross the land border which is a huge pain. I have a US visa on my current Indian passport so travelling to the US isn't an issue, but coming back is.

I can provide flight details and a letter from my employer as proof. Once I have the certificate, I can get a passport through urgent processing, but I do need the certificate first.

Anyone has any tips on what to do here?
If you have to travel that soon, the officer will ask you if you want to postpone the ceremony for a later date, as the certificate will take an average of 4-6 weeks to be received. Some offices are faster than others. It is hard to get an urgent processing request at the end of the process, but you can try. I think some offices are allowing applicants to come in person to pick up the certificate, maybe that is a viable option for you.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

Regards,
It varies by the local office processing your application, in mi case the email came one day after the tracker had been updated (Calgary office) and some other applicants have indicated that the email landed 1 or 2 weeks before the Oath ceremony date.

Reactions: gill367

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hey team! Hoping for some advice. Scarborough office.

Hey everyone! Got my update -
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Solo Application
sent: March 23rd, 2021 (Online)
AOR - 18th August 2021
Invitation to online test - 3rd November 2021
Online test - Completed 10th November tracker updated
Language skills, BG verification, Prohibitions - Completed Jan 10th
Citizenship Ceremony - This is still pending since January 10th. Is this something I will just have to keep waiting for? Anyone got an expected timeline?

My PR runs out In September so just wondering whether I should start the process of getting the card renewed or just hope for the best for this ceremony to hurry up.
All the steps in my application other than citizenship ceremony was finished by February 8th.
I reached out to them a week or so later regarding tentative timeline to finish processing my application as I had a work travel request. They suggested to apply for urgent processing. Unfortunately it didn't met the criteria for urgent processing which is understandable. At that time they told me it takes on average 6-8 weeks of time to receive citizenship ceremony update after all other steps are complete.

I still haven't got any update. Unfortunately there is not much we can do other than waiting. Approximately 18 months is the average wait time now.

Reactions: Mari_8