12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hi guys
Help needed.. I got married and changed my address after submitting my application. I already sent a web form about a change of my address almost a month ago but haven't received any confirmation. Haven't sent anything for my marriage. So, the question is what is the best way to update all of this info?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hi everyone, my profile was updated today. But background verification is still "in progress". I haven't received any email as of yet. Is this normal?

GG07

May 3, 2019
I opened the dashboard to check if there are any news inside, I noticed nothing new BUT the "updated date" is today 23 September, what do u think?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I opened the dashboard to check if there are any news inside, I noticed nothing new BUT the "updated date" is today 23 September, what do u think?
You will see the real update in a couple of days, in your case as BG is completed it could be test invitation!! Please keep us posted

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi everyone, my profile was updated today. But background verification is still "in progress". I haven't received any email as of yet. Is this normal?
this is a ghost update that will bring an actual update in a couple of days, in your case I think it will be BG verification completed, if it doesn't change in a couple of days, Fingerprints may be required. Please keep us posted.

Reactions: ts270890

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I have updated this in the spreadsheet! Please let us know when you have passed the test.
Stupid question here again...

The instructions don't specify if I can take a test at any given time during the test window or will I have to choose a specific time slot and some instructor will be watching me live on the webcam to administer the test.

gprasanna31

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Mumbai
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Passport Req..
01-04-2017
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
This is part of the Background verification, there are some applicants that are required to submit to resolve problems or errors that may happen if your name, date of birth and/or place of birth are similar to those of someone else. After you have submitted your fingerprints, through a registered agency, it will take from 4 to 6 weeks to have your Background verification status set to completed, after that you will expect to receive test invites, which timing will vary as this step is handled at your local office. I have seen online applications are being handle faster and Ontario is one of the provinces that has been very active sending test invites.

Thank you and appreciate for your quick response.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018

The instructions don't specify if I can take a test at any given time during the test window or will I have to choose a specific time slot and some instructor will be watching me live on the webcam to administer the test.
You can do it anytime starting from 00:00 of the first day of your test window. I would suggest you read the instructions in the letter and search cic for the online test instructions to get a better idea.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hi guys
Help needed.. I got married and changed my address after submitting my application. I already sent a web form about a change of my address almost a month ago but haven't received any confirmation. Haven't sent anything for my marriage. So, the question is what is the best way to update all of this info?
Can anyone answer that please

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
You will soon see that Background check cpmplete. A friend of mine had same as you described and next day his BC check was complete.

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
this is a ghost update that will bring an actual update in a couple of days, in your case I think it will be BG verification completed, if it doesn't change in a couple of days, Fingerprints may be required. Please keep us posted.
So the first variable that updates as complete is Background check? And rest remains "in progress"???

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
So the first variable that updates as complete is Background check? And rest remains "in progress"???
For online applicants this has changed a bit, some online applicants have received test invitations with BG still in progress, so I will monitor the trends for a few weeks and let you know.

And yes everything will remain In Progress until you move to the next step and after test, some time after everything will change to completed once a decision has been made (Prohibitions, Language, Physical presence), Oath will remain as not started until you are invited to the Oath.

Last edited:

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

There are no stupid questions, it is better to clarify our doubts and that is why we are all here in this forum, to help each other with our experiences or knowledge from reading comments from others!!!

You can do the test anytime / any day between the test window (day, evening, nigh, midnight, weekends, etc). You can get a sense about the online test in this link, it has a step by step tutorial on what to do.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy