+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all I still I have update on my new ECAS for my 18 old son and still no request for finger print , all of us have BG complete except him , this goast update from 3 weeks ? Is this mean that he will not be required for FB

what I do ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi all I still I have update on my new ECAS for my 18 old son and still no request for finger print , all of us have BG complete except him , this goast update from 3 weeks ? Is this mean that he will not be required for FB

what I do ?
If your son was 18+ YOS at the time of the application, he only got a ghost update three weeks ago and BG has not been completed it could mean FP are required, after the ghost update it will take from 6 to 8 weeks to see the update in the tracker about the FP requirement and after the dashboard is updated one or two days later you / he will receive the email with instructions. All you can do is wait, or you can try to call IRCC but they are taking calls related to the Afghans refugees and they will tell you that you have to wait all they can see is what you can see in the tracker as well.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hey guys, just want to give an update. I got my test invitation on September 15 and after sending an email back asking permission to do the test outside of Canada, I received approval from them the same day itself with instructions on how to do the test. They didn't even ask for proof of return or scanned passport copies.
Congratulations!!!

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your son was 18+ YOS at the time of the application, he only got a ghost update three weeks ago and BG has not been completed it could mean FP are required, after the ghost update it will take from 6 to 8 weeks to see the update in the tracker about the FP requirement and after the dashboard is updated one or two days later you / he will receive the email with instructions. All you can do is wait, or you can try to call IRCC but they are taking calls related to the Afghans refugees and they will tell you that you have to wait all they can see is what you can see in the tracker as well.
Thanks

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
another question what about our applications for me and my wife is it will be stopped till he finalize the FB or it will be separate and we can revive the test invite soon as our Bg is complete ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
another question what about our applications for me and my wife is it will be stopped till he finalize the FB or it will be separate and we can revive the test invite soon as our Bg is complete ?
If you applied as family, it will stop until the other adult BG check has been completed!

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one at what time the update the tracker .
Is there special time or at any time of the day

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Any one at what time the update the tracker .
Is there special time or at any time of the day
I think it is overnight, I have checked old ECAS and dashboard at 10 PM and no changes then when I checked early in the morning changes showed up, such as BG verification completed. that has been my experience, some had indicated they saw changes / updates after 10 am EST, but I have not experienced that yet.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys, just want to give an update. I got my test invitation on September 15 and after sending an email back asking permission to do the test outside of Canada, I received approval from them the same day itself with instructions on how to do the test. They didn't even ask for proof of return or scanned passport copies.
which email did you use to communicate with IRCC

harsha6269

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
june 1 2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Med's Done....
13 june 2018
Hi guys, i have a question might be stupid, may i know what in progess ecas mean

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys, i have a question might be stupid, may i know what in progess ecas mean
There are two different trackers to track your application. One is called ECAS (now it is called old ECAS) as it appears only paper applicants have access to it, there you could see when your application had been received "Application received", when your application went in to "In Process" this is when they have actually started processing your application by initiating the BG check (criminality / security) and your file is transferred to your local office, when documents like fingerprints were requested (if the applicant actually needed to submit them, not all applicants are required to do go through this step), Test Invite, and when your application went into "Decision Made".

It appears that online applicants only have access to the new Dashboard where your application will appeared to be In Progress from the moment your file is created (AOR) in the system until your application is closed.

Therefore the meaning from the ECAS "in process" is completely different than the new Dashboard "In Progress. Does this help answering your question?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
which email did you use to communicate with IRCC
When you receive the test invite email they attached a PDF document with instructions, there they include an email address where you will be able to reply in case you have any issues with your test and to notify them if you are outside of Canada.

harsha6269

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
june 1 2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Med's Done....
13 june 2018
There are two different trackers to track your application. One is called ECAS (now it is called old ECAS) as it appears only paper applicants have access to it, there you could see when your application had been received "Application received", when your application went in to "In Process" this is when they have actually started processing your application by initiating the BG check (criminality / security) and your file is transferred to your local office, when documents like fingerprints were requested (if the applicant actually needed to submit them, not all applicants are required to do go through this step), Test Invite, and when your application went into "Decision Made".

It appears that online applicants only have access to the new Dashboard where your application will appeared to be In Progress from the moment your file is created (AOR) in the system until your application is closed.

Therefore the meaning from the ECAS "in process" is completely different than the new Dashboard "In Progress. Does this help answering your question?
Thank you so much for a detailed explanation. i have applied through a immigration consultant (paper application) i only have AOR with me. how and where can i check my application status .

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi every one I have one question one of my friend asked his wife got email for fingerprints but he didn't receive for his and his children should he wait for other members and himself or his wife should to for fingerprints.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi every one I have one question one of my friend asked his wife got email for fingerprints but he didn't receive for his and his children should he wait for other members and himself or his wife should to for fingerprints.
It is not necessary for everyone in the family to get fingerprint request. It is common for only one person in a family to receive FP request. Children usually do not receive FP requests BTW.

Reactions: r4rameezraja