+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the process after the AOR ?
What will be the next step ?
Can the office return back the application again ?
How long it take to get invitation for the test ?

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Woke up to the mail from CIC this morning...with the attachment reading as follows:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:

On the same page, you will find more
information on how to prepare for the test.

When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address,
email, and telephone number

@Strongfaith42 Guess this counts as AOR?

I checked the old e-CAS and it shows status as Application Received

Hope the processing speeds up for all. C'mon IRCC...you can do it!

Regards,
NC
Congratulations

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I have another quick question here...for registering on the new dashboard , will I get an email from IRCC to create an account?

Currently if I click on the link it shows an error.
You will have access to the new tracker the day after receiving AOR https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register
You should also review your status in ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

The new tracker will show you are in Progress the very next day but ECAS will tell you when your application actually goes into In Process

Also check what Raj has mentioned about using VPN

Thanks

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one question for the old ECAS is it showing the Progress all the way or it just showing when file is recived

MAHAUH

Jul 11, 2021
Citizenship Application submitted online on 21st March 2021. So far no AOR. Any recommendation as to what to do and how to follow up with CIC

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one question for the old ECAS is it showing the Progress all the way or it just showing when file is recived

hafizmuhammadatif

May 19, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 / FEB / 2016
AOR Received.
19-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
Hi Good Morning ,
Applied March 26
Application Received April 6
E cas showing Application received form last week but did not get AOR or status did not change to application in progress . Any advise or someone in same boat ? Or should I expect application is coming back ?
Thanks in advance

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Good Morning ,
Applied March 26
Application Received April 6
E cas showing Application received form last week but did not get AOR or status did not change to application in progress . Any advise or someone in same boat ? Or should I expect application is coming back ?
Thanks in advance
If ECAS is showing application received, click on hyperlink, it will get you to the next page where it will have a line indicating that AOR was sent, please check your junk/spam folder, the email might had landed there. Otherwise call IRCC 1-800-242-2100 and tell them that you can see in the client application status tool that AOR was sent last week, but you didn't receive it, validate with them while on the phone, if they have your correct email address. Your application will stay at the Application Received status for about two to six months until they actually start processing your application.

Hamiltoncitizen

Feb 24, 2021
I'm still not able to access my application on the Old Ecas.
AOR was received on May 31st, 2021.
Has everyone been able to access old ecas?

hafizmuhammadatif

May 19, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 / FEB / 2016
AOR Received.
19-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
If ECAS is showing application received, click on hyperlink, it will get you to the next page where it will have a line indicating that AOR was sent, please check your junk/spam folder, the email might had landed there. Otherwise call IRCC 1-800-242-2100 and tell them that you can see in the client application status tool that AOR was sent last week, but you didn't receive it, validate with them while on the phone, if they have your correct email address. Your application will stay at the Application Received status for about two to six months until they actually start processing your application.
Thanks for response . I did click on that link showing on Ecas website . This sowed only my application received . My understating is this should be application received and also showing AOR date if they send me e mail .
I tried to hold CIC on 1-888-242-2100 but no luck .

hafizmuhammadatif

May 19, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 / FEB / 2016
AOR Received.
19-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
I'm still not able to access my application on the Old Ecas.
AOR was received on May 31st, 2021.
Has everyone been able to access old ecas?
I can access . although status is only showing application Received