+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
IRCC website says they're sending AORs for applications received the week of Feb 25. So slow! I hate having to wait so long! But I guess we're lucky that we are at least in the process.

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi everyone I am helping filling citizenship form to my friend on paper application Q10 B its asking for police certificate if you live 183 days other than Canada in last 4 years but why in Online application it didn't require police certificate from me will they ask for police certificate?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi everyone I am helping filling citizenship form to my friend on paper application Q10 B its asking for police certificate if you live 183 days other than Canada in last 4 years but why in Online application it didn't require police certificate from me will they ask for police certificate?
My understanding is that this is Citizenship application requirement it doesn't matter if it is paper or online application. It is in the application guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Question 10 b
Police certificate(s)

You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there

• in the past 4 years
  • for 183 days or more in a row
  • since the age of 18
Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years
If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why in the explanation box

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Impossible.
There is someone on Facebook, paper application, that his documents were received at IRCC offices on May 3 and received AOR on May 6. So miracles can happen, he even posted a screenshot of his status in ECAS. Let's pray and hope that ours will be handle very soon (paper & online)!!! :)

Reactions: r4rameezraja

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
There is someone on Facebook, paper application, that his documents were received at IRCC offices on May 3 and received AOR on May 6. So miracles can happen, he even posted a screenshot of his status in ECAS. Let's pray and hope that ours will be handle very soon (paper & online)!!! :)
Yes i saw there were two people.

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi
Can anyone tell me please in back side of picture guarantor sign require Garantor can be family member or not ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi
Can anyone tell me please in back side of picture guarantor sign require Garantor can be family member or not ?
Here you can find the requirements to be a guarantor: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Guarantors
You need a guarantor for your travel document application. Your guarantor can be a family member or anyone living at your address, as long as they meet the guarantor requirements:

You don’t need a guarantor if you’re renewing your passport. You only need one if you’re applying for a new passport.
If you’re applying for a new passport or travel document, your guarantor must

• complete and sign the Declaration of Guarantor section of your application
  • write “I certify this to be a true likeness of (the applicant’s or child’s name)” on the back of one of your passport photos and sign it
  • sign and date your photocopies of each supporting identification document you have submitted to confirm your identity
    • This only applies to photocopies and is not needed if you submit original documents.
Your guarantor can’t charge you money for this.

You also can’t help the guarantor do any of the tasks listed above. Contact us if your guarantor needs help.

Guarantor requirements for a regular passport (blue) in Canada
Your guarantor must

• have known you for at least 2 years
    • If the guarantor is for your child’s passport, they must have known you for at least 2 years and must know of your child.
  • be available if we need to contact them
  • be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older
  • provide the information needed that’s in their passport
  • have been 16 years of age or older when they applied for their own passport
  • hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that, on the day you submit your application, is
    • expired for no more than 1 year, or
    • valid, meaning it isn’t or wasn’t
      • expired
      • damaged
      • inaccessible
      • suspended or revoked
      • reported lost or stolen
      • found and returned
      • destroyed by us
      • requested to be returned
If you’re the parent or legal guardian that is applying on behalf of a child, you cannot sign as guarantor on the child’s application. However, the other parent or legal guardian (not submitting the application) can sign as long as they meet the requirements.

Reactions: r4rameezraja