+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well. I have two questions the first is
I checked the tracker today and it says updated May 27th but there's no update. What does that mean?

second question is : How long after you write the test do you receive an oath invite?
That is called a ghost/fake update, it is likely that some officer did actual work on your file and you will be going to the next step soon, but not guaranteed.

Reactions: Shauna_Jamaican

lildor10

May 20, 2021
My application is closed and now I will apply for canadian passport. But it says I need to mail them the original citizenship certificate. DO I seriously send them my original citizenship certificate and they (service canada) will return it? If you know please help.
Yes you need to send the originals if you are not applying in person and yes they will send the originals back with your passport. But if you chose to apply in person, you show them the originals on spot and keep it with you later.

Alexkavenko

Aug 14, 2017
Hi, everyone.

So i got Prohibitions and Language update last week but my Physical Presence still remains In Progress, which is unusual as all of them are usually updated at the same time. Has anyone had this happened before?

thanks,

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
I have been waiting for 3+ weeks for my citizenship certificate. I know they mentioned 2-4 weeks but still. It is about to get 4 weeks in few days. Any comment?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi All

I took my test outside Canada. No updates in last 3 months. Only test and BG completed. Got my GCMS notes and the due date for other steps was in April and its over a month past since due date but the officer has not worked on the file. Don't know what's going on. Sent webform. Any suggestions what I should do?

faroquex

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Finally my application closed, it means that soon I'm going to receive my citizenship certificate! Thanks to everyone for you help and good luck
How many days did it take you to get the certificate after the oath?

Reactions: Grateful2Canada

adeAA

Jan 4, 2017
I wrote my citizenship test last year November and I haven't been called for swearing of oath. Do you know what I can do? PR expires in 2 weeks

Fab80

May 7, 2022
Anybody had their interview at the Scarborough office?
Any insight about further steps/timeline?
I had my interview yesterday via zoom and as of today everything on my file -except for citizenship ceremony- got completed.

Fab80

May 7, 2022

harsha6269

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
june 1 2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Med's Done....
13 june 2018
Hi All, Got a ghost update today. all the other fields are completed on May 20 and on the tracker the date shows last updated as June 6. does this mean i'll get a oath invite soon ? how long does it take for the oath cermony from ghost update. Thanks

Aquamarine8

Oct 5, 2021
General question to verify identity, travel history, and personal info (job, marital status etc).
At the end I was asked to show my Documents and passport. I think it lasted less than 20 minutes.
thanks for the info and good luck with the rest of the process