+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
I received my oath ceremony invitation today around 8:45 am and it is 10 pm. I still did not get any instruction or email on how to perform the oath (email with instruction). Is it normal? Do I wait few more days? What should be done? Oath is May 10th.

Reactions: Mari_8

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my oath ceremony invitation today around 8:45 am and it is 10 pm. I still did not get any instruction or email on how to perform the oath (email with instruction). Is it normal? Do I wait few more days? What should be done? Oath is May 10th.
Wait till 3rd or 4th May. For some locations it comes a week before oath.

Reactions: Tuhin_Ashraf

MMASKERI

Aug 12, 2021
Hi Everyone.,
I applied on 30th March 2021 and got AOR on 17th August 2021.
Test completed on 30th Nov 2021. Office : Scarborough.

After that no update to the application. I raised a webform too, but got same update that its in Progress. Anyone else in the same boat?

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
I don't know if it's a coincidence but I asked for my notes on March 28 and April 22 they requested my notes to the office or officer , I don't know how it works but that same day was the day that my citizenship ceremony start being in progress but in the notes It doesn't reflect that. I feel that in one way or other the notes really help at least for they checking my application or could be just a coincidence.

Reactions: thuong

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
I don't know if it's a coincidence but I asked for my notes on March 28 and April 22 they requested my notes to the office or officer , I don't know how it works but that same day was the day that my citizenship ceremony start being in progress but in the notes It doesn't reflect that. I feel that in one way or other the notes really help at least for they checking my application or could be just a coincidence.
i have applied for it on march 28th. got it yesterday ie april 28th.
although it was generated a day before my citizenship ceremony ie april 25th.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi. I got my tracker updated on april 7 after my test but physical presence, prohibition and language are still showing in progress. I wonder what was the update about? Seems like a ghost update. Any member observed similar situation?
Yes, ghost update means that the officer opened your file and worked on it.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Hey guys, how do you find out which office is processing your application? It doesn’t say in any of the communications that I have with IRCC.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, how do you find out which office is processing your application? It doesn’t say in any of the communications that I have with IRCC.
What are email addresses from which you got emails? E.g. If it says SCR then it is Scarborough, if ot says MIS then its Mississauga.

Reactions: UnleashedFX

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
What are email addresses from which you got emails? E.g. If it says SCR then it is Scarborough, if ot says MIS then its Mississauga.
Thanks for the clarification. On the email that I received after notifying them that I am out of the country for my test the email was ircc.dncitscrscheduling…I suppose this is Scarborough. Any idea about processing speed at SCR compared to MIS?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the clarification. On the email that I received after notifying them that I am out of the country for my test the email was ircc.dncitscrscheduling…I suppose this is Scarborough. Any idea about processing speed at SCR compared to MIS?
One difference I noticed is that SCR is more accommodating in scheduling oaths (if decision is already made) in case you have travel plan or some other reason. & Mississauga office it seems is focusing on clearing backlog from 2019-20.

Reactions: UnleashedFX

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
One difference I noticed is that SCR is more accommodating in scheduling oaths (if decision is already made) in case you have travel plan or some other reason. & Mississauga office it seems is focusing on clearing backlog from 2019-20.
Invaluable observation. Thank you for sharing. Hopefully they get to all of us quickly.