+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

skinny123

Jan 18, 2018
To God be the glory!!! Well today was my turn to get the Oath ceremony update. My initial application was received at IRCC Sydney on Dec 03, 2020, returned on Feb 23, 2021 due to lost pictures, not my fault they were included in the package, resubmitted with a new set of pictures (5 family members), and received at IRCC Sydney on March 2, 2021, one year anniversary after the resubmission and today I was scheduled to attend the Oath of Citizenship Ceremony on March 31, 2022, wondering if it is going to be online or in-person as Calgary has lifted all restrictions effective March 1.
Congrats!! So happy for you! Its been a long wait.

Reactions: Strongfaith42

t_obz

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
To God be the glory!!! Well today was my turn to get the Oath ceremony update. My initial application was received at IRCC Sydney on Dec 03, 2020, returned on Feb 23, 2021 due to lost pictures, not my fault they were included in the package, resubmitted with a new set of pictures (5 family members), and received at IRCC Sydney on March 2, 2021, one year anniversary after the resubmission and today I was scheduled to attend the Oath of Citizenship Ceremony on March 31, 2022, wondering if it is going to be online or in-person as Calgary has lifted all restrictions effective March 1.
Yaay, congratulations
Good luck to you and your family

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
Congrats!

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
All you can do is wait, mine took a week and a half to be updated to completed, if you didn't have issues with the picture or ID and your camera was working and open all the time it should be ok. You can try to call IRCC and confirm if everything was ok, but it takes a lot of tries before you can get to an agent
Thanks you

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi everyone!
I sent my paper application in March 2021, got the AOR by end of June and passed the test by early September. My citizenship test and BG shows as completed since September but I do not have any update since then. Application is in progress. Is anyone else facing the same situation? How long it usually takes from the date you pass the test to Oath invitation ?
Me too

MissLC

Nov 2, 2021
I am so glad for you and your family! Happy ceremony! To God be the glory indeed!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Does anyone have any update on Scarborough office whether it has started to pick up pace or not?
This is case by case, it varies if it is an online or paper application, or if it is a Routine or Non-Routine file, or if it is normal or urgent processing application. Praying that things will start to ramp up for all applicants as it appears the gradual return to office has started.

https://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/federal-civil-service-resumes-return-to-office/

elizale

Nov 28, 2014
HI all,
I am from Edmonton.
I submitted my citizenship application in Mar 2021 for a family of 3. AOR is Apr 19 2021, background verification completed Jul 19 2021.
No more progress from that date. As of now, I don't receive any further email/communication.
Can somebody advise me if that's normal?
Is there any hotline number/email that I can contact to ask about my case?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Congrats buddy happy for you!

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
HI all,
I am from Edmonton.
I submitted my citizenship application in Mar 2021 for a family of 3. AOR is Apr 19 2021, background verification completed Jul 19 2021.
No more progress from that date. As of now, I don't receive any further email/communication.
Can somebody advise me if that's normal?
Is there any hotline number/email that I can contact to ask about my case?
You would not receive any communication unless for the test invitation next. But did you check the citizenship status tracker on updates like background verification or other?
You can call their regular customer service number, send a webform or even go further and use your local MP help, they have a hotline to talk with them.

elizale

Nov 28, 2014
You would not receive any communication unless for the test invitation next. But did you check the citizenship status tracker on updates like background verification or other?
You can call their regular customer service number, send a webform or even go further and use your local MP help, they have a hotline to talk with them.
My citizenship tracker shows the "
Background verification
Completed
Language skills
In progress
Physical presence
In progress
Prohibitions
In progress
Citizenship test
Not started

Do you know the customer service number that I can call? Where can I find information of Edmonton local MP?

Thank you

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My citizenship tracker shows the "
Background verification
Completed
Language skills
In progress
Physical presence
In progress
Prohibitions
In progress
Citizenship test
Not started

Do you know the customer service number that I can call? Where can I find information of Edmonton local MP?

Thank you
The call centre number is 1-888-241-2100. You will need to be persistent to get to the waiting line, last time I tried 35 times until I was able to reach an agent. You can search for your local MP here https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search?province=AB enter your postal code and it will give you the contact information of your MP. Good luck.

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21