+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Jbm

Jun 16, 2018
Hello Everyone , I just called CIC regarding the ghost update , they said officer just updated, you pass the security but criminality check is still in progress ?. Can anyone suggest me how long does it take or is it only based in Canada ?

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am in a little bad situation with my citizenship application, I submitted it online on the 31st of March 2021 and from there I have heard nothing from them. I have been calling and sending web forms. To my surprise I keep getting the same reply that they cannot locate my application.

I am currently outside the country taking care of my sick father and I have informed them but they can't update my current address, they cannot do anything besides asking me to keep sending them proofs of my application and the receipt. I'm getting the same reply that they cannot find it and keep asking me for the same documents. I am getting frustrated and I want to know if anyone is still waiting for their AOR from March and do you think it's a bad idea to resend my application by mail and include a letter of explanation including the replies I kept receiving from them so that my application can get processed?

I dont want to use a current date due to the fact that I will not be eligible if I use the current date for physical calculation. And I am not coming back to Canada until the end of the year so that my sister will be the one to take care of my father once I leave.

If anyone has a better idea how I can make this work, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Hi Mum84,
Sorry to hear you are in this situation. I was in exact same situation as you. If you search my postings on this thread you can find it. My case is that I submitted online on March 4, 2021. No AOR whatsoever received. Sent numerous webforms, just got generic responses, unable to reach them on phone as they were only attending to afghan issues only. On October 25, I sent another application, paper this time together with my husband, with detailed explanation as to the problem I'm having with the online application. I included the print out of my online application showing where it says "submitted on March 4th". I got a not so generic response (my husband didn't get the message) saying they appreciate my patience and understanding and will look into it (something along that line). Fast forward to Dec 29, 2021, I received an email from them saying that they could not find the application I said I made bla bla bla ... In response to this particular email, I included the print out of the online application (same one I sent before), wrote another detailed letter of my journey with them, then included a screenshot of my online citizenship application page, at this time the page was still active and asking me to resubmit passport photo as it is more than 6 months as well as update physical presence. Jan 4th, 2022 they emailed me saying they have found my application. As of Jan. 28, I have written the test and now waiting for oath ceremony.

One question for you: when you log in to your online citizenship application page, do you still see your application? If yes, that could be the issue. From my experience, I think the system was having glitches those early days of rolling out the online system. When I initially submitted, I got a print out of my submission which stated that my submission was received on March 4th, 2021 but never got a confirmation email and I was still seeing my application details on that page (as if I was filling the application). But on Jan 4 when they told me they have found my application, when I logged into that account, I didn't see my applications anymore, it just told me that my application has been received.
So write to them, include every proof you have showing you submitted, include screenshots of your application window and hopefully something might happen.

Sorry for the long post.

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
Has anyone received a prohibitions form along with their oath ceremony letter? When I check my online account, it says that a prohibitions from was sent when my citizenship ceremony was updated to in process, but I have no idea what it refers to.

Reactions: Fpm800

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Has anyone received a prohibitions form along with their oath ceremony letter? When I check my online account, it says that a prohibitions from was sent when my citizenship ceremony was updated to in process, but I have no idea what it refers to.
Yeah it was on the last page of the invitation letter (the PDF)

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I only received the oath affirmation form which should be signed and sent after the ceremony. I did not receive the prohibition form but when I checked the tracker it says that they sent that. I'm not sure what that is. Please see the picture

Same with my husband the PDF received for the Oath Ceremony does not have the Prohibition Form.

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Could you please guide how the prohibition form looks like? Is it part of the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship? Thel last page?
If you could share your experience it will be very helpful.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I only received the oath affirmation form which should be signed and sent after the ceremony. I did not receive the prohibition form but when I checked the tracker it says that they sent that. I'm not sure what that is. Please see the picture

It’s the same form. There isn’t a separate one. The form is confidential otherwise I would have posted where it says “prohibitions”.

Reactions: RoseDB and Fpm800

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
It’s the same form. There isn’t a separate one. The form is confidential otherwise I would have posted where it says “prohibitions”.
Oh ok, then it is the same form. The last page of the PDF which is attached to the email with the instructions. It is just frustrating that they make it seem it is a different form.

You are sure it is the same form, right?

Reactions: RoseDB

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Oh ok, then it is the same form. The last page of the PDF which is attached to the email with the instructions. It is just frustrating that they make it seem it is a different form.

You are sure it is the same form, right?
Yes, please see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/virtual-citizenship-ceremony-experience-in-detail.742497/ and https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/contents-of-the-oath-ceremony-letter-received-via-email-and-discussion.741117/page-3#post-9723915
There isn't a different form. Worst case the officer will send it to you (if it even exists).

Reactions: Fpm800

Wkhan89

Dec 5, 2016
Hello

My wife’s citizenship application was submitted March 2021. Background verification status changed to completed in May 2021. Since then no updates. Language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions all show in progress. I understand COVID has caused major delays. However does this seem like it’s taking too long ?

Thanks !

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hello

My wife’s citizenship application was submitted March 2021. Background verification status changed to completed in May 2021. Since then no updates. Language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions all show in progress. I understand COVID has caused major delays. However does this seem like it’s taking too long ?

Thanks !
There are applicants from 2019 and 2020 who are still waiting. CTV news covered the issue in January. The government admitted they ended up piling up massive backlog which can take 3 years to finish. This has been discussed in the parliament as well. Frustrating but nothing to do really.

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
There are applicants from 2019 and 2020 who are still waiting. CTV news covered the issue in January. The government admitted they ended up piling up massive backlog which can take 3 years to finish. This has been discussed in the parliament as well. Frustrating but nothing to do really.
Hi dude,

did you get any updates?