Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
One of my friend from Dec 2020 is in the same Boat. Last update BGC was in April and nothing after
well, at least they've passed BGC, mine is in progress for almost half a year now

mhammoud

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Oakville, Ontario
Category........
FSW
My wife and I submitted one file. The AOR is June 6th. I passed background check on August 6th while hers is still in progress till today. Is this normal?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Paper application (family of 3)
Application received: March 3, 2021
AOR: May 13, 2021
Processing started: June 17, 2021

...and this is it, no updates, no nothing ever since, Language, Presence, BGC, Prohibition are 'In progress'.
Is anybody else in the same boat?
What is the office processing your application? we have similar timelines, my application went into In Process on June 9 and BG check was completed for three family members on June 11, mine was completed until Aug 19 as I was required to submit Fingerprints. Timing varies by the office processing your application, paper applications are taking longer than online to be processed as well.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My wife and I submitted one file. The AOR is June 6th. I passed background check on August 6th while hers is still in progress till today. Is this normal?
She will be probably be required to submit Fingerprints, if that is the case she will receive an email from Vancouver Office with instructions.

Reactions: mhammoud

ranameraj

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Strongfaith42 me and my wife passed the test on Dec 19th and on Dec 22nd, for both of us, in tracker, the test status was set to COMPLETED.

ranameraj

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the exact difference between Background check and Prohibitions? I've taken the test. For our application, test and Background check are set to COMPLETED and Prohibitions is In Progress. What does it mean? Is the eligibility yet to be checked?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
What is the exact difference between Background check and Prohibitions? I've taken the test. For our application, test and Background check are set to COMPLETED and Prohibitions is In Progress. What does it mean? Is the eligibility yet to be checked?
An individual is prohibited to take a citizenship oath based on past activities such as criminal offenses etc. In the application you had to declare a handful of things related to that. So I think basically they check whether you were being truthful or not.

There is not much information related to background check in the website. Seems like it is more subtle and involves some form of screening. BTW this happens during the PR processing too.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Prohibitions to be me sounds a little bit the same as background check. Is one for a local country check (like Canada, prohibitions performed by local authorities) and background (for countries resided/visited etc performed by CSIS, RCMP etc).
Just thinking out loud.

regards

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Prohibitions to be me sounds a little bit the same as background check. Is one for a local country check (like Canada, prohibitions performed by local authorities) and background (for countries resided/visited etc performed by CSIS, RCMP etc).
Just thinking out loud.

regards
I think background check includes more things. For example at times they don't grant citizenship to people who didn't fulfill PNP PR obligation. I am assuming they check these factors while performing background check.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Just thinking out loud.

regards
They are different, BG check is done at the beginning of the process and prohibitions is at the end, just to make sure that during the process you have not become ineligible by one of the situations that may prevent you from becoming a Canadian Citizen