+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Adeelsyed

Aug 31, 2021
prohibition/physical presence/language skills in my file was marked as completed on December 3rd except oath ceremony. But I checked on Dec 3rd and it was still in progress. Today it says completed.

My fiance's file filed the same day online still says the prohibition/physical presence/language skills in progress. She took the test 2 hours after I did and I guess that makes a difference since she had her test marked completed a day after mine.

Please update the tracker
Congratulations!! Which is your office? When did pass your test?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hi,
I saw your timeline and location same as mine, I called them several times, within these calls, just one of them told me that we received your copy of your passport, but still all of Language Skills, Prohibitions, Physical Presence in Progress.
appreciate for sharing the update. yes alberta and BC applicants are going through slow process.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Just checked this morning. My fiance's prohibition/physical presence/language were marked completed on December 6th. Only thing left for both of us is the oath.

Please update the tracker for my finance's info. Thanks

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
hard to say but i think the later is the case. i can see many people are stuck in the same situation where they have sent their scanned copy of their passport and did not receive any form of acknownledgement. I am waiting for almost 2 months.
thanks for the reply and hopefully all of us will hear some good news asap

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Do you guys think that there is any use of emailing the office, the one which sent the test invitation email, to request for both me and my fiance to be scheduled on the same day for the oath ceremony whenever that happens?

Or should I send a webform? I really want us to have the ceremony on the same day if possible. I know it is a lot to ask but I just want to make sure I tried/did everything possible since it would be a special day for us.

Last edited:

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Niagara. Took the test Oct 30th and marked completed on November 3rd. My fiance's was marked completed a day later
My test invite came from Niagara office today and it was marked completed on 28th Oct .. Hopefully I will receive an update too .. are you actually in Niagara region .. asking because I am in Windsor ??

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
My test invite came from Niagara office today and it was marked completed on 28th Oct .. Hopefully I will receive an update too .. are you actually in Niagara region .. asking because I am in Windsor ??
We live in Oakville.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Providing my update after a long time. Since my last post, i was asked for additional information, fingerprints and scheduled for citizenship test

Latest Update:
Physical Presence Days:1176
Application: 2 single applications ( online);
Application Submitted Online: March 22, 2021
Fingerprints submitted- 16th Nov, 2021
Test passed [updated] for both applicants- 4th Dec, 2021 [7th Dec, 2021]
Current Status- In Progress
Citizenship Test Marked as 'Completed' for both of us on Dec 7th. All the other criteria(s) still 'In Progress'

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was told by IRCC that my application is processed at Ottawa. My finger prints were sent to Vancouver though. I am not sure where it is being processed

SG
Yeah everyone gets their finger print request from Vancouver office only. Your application should be in Ottawa only.

Sosad1234

Nov 19, 2021
seems like all online applicants have got the test invitation.
Any paper applicant, like me, still waiting for the test invite?

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do I need to update IRCC on birth of a child for a citizenship application ??

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Hi folks, I have a weird question and hope there is anyone could answer.
My application status is "in process" since Aug 2021, applying from Calgary. I'm currently not in Canada.
I have a personal agenda that might conflict with the test / oath ceremony, so is there anyway to make the process longer?
I know Calgary office is kinda slow and expected time to receive test invite is Feb-Apr 2022. I do plan to do the online test from abroad, but do not have plan to go back to Canada for oath until later 2022. If needed, is there any legitimate way to postpone the oath? or any step along the process to delay the oath?

Thanks in advance.