+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******March 2021 AOR********

canada2021_1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Does anyone have any idea why security is not starting for some of us even after months after everything else (eligibility, criminality, info sharing,...) was passed?

I'm waiting for 8.5 months while others receive portal email after 2-3 months.

No request for additional documents,
no GU.
No one answers our questions.

Do you think a lawyer can push the agents to finalize an application?
I have contacted the MP but his office works slowly, and I don't know what the outcome would be.

What I found is that they do not provide Security status because of privacy concerns. You can find s.21 on top right corner on GCMS note which means Security status will not be revealed.

I'm saying this because when I spoke to multiple agents during June, they clearly said that everything looks good in in my file and all passed including security. But, in my GCMS notes received in July, it says everything passed, not status (blank) for "Security" shown in the notes.

Niusham

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
What I found is that they do not provide Security status because of privacy concerns. You can find s.21 on top right corner on GCMS note which means Security status will not be revealed.

I'm saying this because when I spoke to multiple agents during June, they clearly said that everything looks good in in my file and all passed including security. But, in my GCMS notes received in July, it says everything passed, not status (blank) for "Security" shown in the notes.
Yes, blank for security means it is at least initiated. My notes don't have s.21/s.15/s.16. It is just "not started" for security.

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
Did anyone receive an email from CIC with subject: We are still working on your application(application number)?
Yes, early morning I got the email from CIC saying they guys were still working on my application. Maybe it was the reply to our previous inquiry via the Webform, I guess.

umangtandon

Aug 11, 2020
Finally, after 4 months I received GCM notes
ITA: 14 Feb
AOR: 1 Mar
Medical: 16 Mar
Biometrics: 18 Mar
Primary Office: Montreal
Secondary: Centralized Intake Office

Status in GCM notes
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime: <blank>
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress
Misrepresentation: <blank>
Other Reqs: <blank>
Final: <blank>

I have a question:
How much more time will it take to process my application, it has been 8 months and still my criminality check is in progress and other status has not been started yet. Does anybody have any idea?
My family is planning to go to India, should they go or wait here until any information is received for which we do not have any estimate.

Dianabob

Oct 22, 2021

Status in GCM notes

I have a question:
How much more time will it take to process my application, it has been 8 months and still my criminality check is in progress and other status has not been started yet. Does anybody have any idea?
My family is planning to go to India, should they go or wait here until any information is received for which we do not have any estimate.
I have exactly the same timelines, hopefully something will change soon

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016

Status in GCM notes

I have a question:
Thats the case with most of the people who are stuck with Montreal. Many families living in Canada and have PR is in progress since such a long time are in dilemma and concerned , their mental health is on stake. Such a disappointment and IRCC is accountable for that.

I am not sure whether new immigration minister of Canada will look into such cases or rather will focus on mass immigration same as his predecessor. All we can do, try thinking positive and hope positive will come. :)

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
Yes, it's in my GCMS notes. The date that criminality was passed is mentioned in it. After that date, no activity...
Thanx mate. May I ask when you ordered the GCMS notes and how long it took to get them?
My request on 22 Aug has been unanswered and I do not know what happened. It really freaks me out.