+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 student visa

Div25

Apr 8, 2020
Hello! All applicants please response if you have any information or update regarding the application ( specially march applicants).
I have submitted complete application since March.
Upfront medical done on 23rd February.
File submitted 11th March SDS.
Biometrics done on 19th March.

I was suppose to go in MAY intake but due to no response I had to deffer to SEPTEMBER intake.
I submitted my new LOA for September intake in last week of May.
After that I received a update regarding my application. I passed my medical on 30th June. And since then no update. I haven't received AIP and my online classes have started today and I'm not attending as my college requires AIP. And webform response was my application is still under process.

And today again I got mail from CIC regarding a new update in my application. So the update was about my Biometrics. I received Biometrics correspondence letter.
So does this mean they have started working on my application again or its just normal update?

Last edited:

Aayogya

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hello! All applicants please response if you have any information or update regarding the application ( specially march applicants).
File submitted 11th March.

I was suppose to go in MAY intake but due to no response I had to deffer to SEPTEMBER intake.
After that I received a update regarding my application. I passed my medical on 30th June. And since then no update. I haven't received AIP and my online classes have started today and I'm not attending as my college requires AIP. And webform response was my application is still under process.

And today again I got mail from CIC regarding a new update in my application. So the update was about my Biometrics. I received Biometrics correspondence letter.
So does this mean they have started working on my application again or its just normal update?
Sorry man, Not a good sign , you got BCL without AIP
I think you will get your decision in this week

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
File submitted 11th March SDS.

Sorry to say, looks like a negative response will be given as u didn't get any Aip, i have got the same update BVL & got a refusal

Div25

Apr 8, 2020
Yes, anyone can be refused at any time. A biometrics letter usually precedes a final decision. In your case, with no AIP, that likely means a refusal.
Is it true? I mean there are many applicants who have submitted full file and waiting since Feb March who haven't received AIP yet. And even if we get AIP now then what's the use as most of the colleges have started online classes. And we can't attend without AIP. I mean the fall intake has started. So I thought maybe they are issuing direct approvals or refusal now.
I'm so confused and frustrated

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
But people with AIPs are also getting refusal.
Yes many have got refusals after AIPs,
Is it true? I mean there are many applicants who have submitted full file and waiting since Feb March who haven't received AIP yet. And even if we get AIP now then what's the use as most of the colleges have started online classes. And we can't attend without AIP. I mean the fall intake has started. So I thought maybe they are issuing direct approvals or refusal now.
I'm so confused and frustrated
That's right, wasted almost 8 months just to get a refusal, the last in first out policy they adopted these days are playing with the applicants time, money & effort.....and lastly depression & self doubt on oneself

Reactions: Alamj

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
No news is good news at the moment. If IRCC are withholding stage 2 approvals, any message from them is likely to be a refusal.

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
No news is good news at the moment. If IRCC are withholding stage 2 approvals, any message from them is likely to be a refusal.
Right, approval or refusal straight to face was the best, glorious 2 stage process has gotten on people's nerves, funny thing is. to assume about the reapplication of visas for refused people & the new applicants of jan2021 as old intake files are not cleared till date

Div25

Apr 8, 2020
Yes many have got refusals after AIPs,

That's right, wasted almost 8 months just to get a refusal, the last in first out policy they adopted these days are playing with the applicants time, money & effort.....and lastly depression & self doubt on oneself
I know. This is so disturbing. Students have invested their time and money. And they are just confusing us. I'm reading so many different scenarios in the forum. Some have received passport request in gcms notes but haven't received AIP yet or any letter from ircc. Some have received passport request without AIP and biometrics or medical. Some are getting AIP error while others have received AIP. Some files are rejected without AIP and some files are rejected after AIP. And there are still students who haven't received any updates yet even after submitting the complete file. This is such a mess.

• Sad
Reactions: Petita

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
I know. This is so disturbing. Students have invested their time and money. And they are just confusing us. I'm reading so many different scenarios in the forum. Some have received passport request in gcms notes but haven't received AIP yet or any letter from ircc. Some have received passport request without AIP and biometrics or medical. Some are getting AIP error while others have received AIP. Some files are rejected without AIP and some files are rejected after AIP. And there are still students who haven't received any updates yet even after submitting the complete file. This is such a mess.
You summed up everything very well, all we can do is evaluate our files, take genuine advise & move forward, cannot give up after this much.