+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

canuckkiwi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
9 april, 2020 outland applicant.
Today, i got gcms notes, due to gain covid 19 benefits because of corona positive report in 2020, SA in process, they consider covid 19 benefits in social assistant as far as i am concerned it comes under CERB.
Now, we are going to pay back covid 19 benefits.
Any suggestion let me tell.
Many persons here in this forum, told me covid 19 benefits comes under CERB.
Which specific benefits did you receive?

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Today, i got gcms notes, due to gain covid 19 benefits because of corona positive report in 2020, SA in process, they consider covid 19 benefits in social assistant as far as i am concerned it comes under CERB.
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you are still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all of the requirements to be a sponsor.

The CERB is not considered social assistance. Collecting the CERB will not make you ineligible to sponsor.

Reactions: kiranf

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you are still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all of the requirements to be a sponsor.

The CERB is not considered social assistance. Collecting the CERB will not make you ineligible to sponsor.
When your under $1000 and that time what type of benefits we received during covid 19 that particular got by my partner.

Reactions: kiranf

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
We received covid 19 benefits and it counts under social assistant as per gcms notes
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/financial-assistance.html

Employment Insurance and the CERB will not cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you do not, you will be in default of your undertaking.

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/financial-assistance.html

Employment Insurance and the CERB will not cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you do not, you will be in default of your undertaking.
First of all, we applied for CERB.
After that my wife had positive report of corona and then she applied under EI, due to corona positive report.

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
There's clearly some mistakes. Either correct yourself or get some clarity. Please don't confuse people!!!

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
Ok!!! So I got an email today that is from
"Virtual Landing Unit
Operations Support Centre, Centralized Network
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada"

It's basically says if I'm already in Canada I can use a portal to confirm where I am and they will send me my PR card. But if I'm not in Canada I need to reply and tell them.
Has anyone received a similar email? It's very intricate but I think the government thinks I'm already in Canada which I'm not, I'm in the US
Congrats!!!! Happy to see another US applicant from Ottawa VO get PPR. Our timelines are similar so praying I'm soon!

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Congrats!!!! Happy to see another US applicant from Ottawa VO get PPR. Our timelines are similar so praying I'm soon!
Technically it's not PPR yet though cause I can't use the portal because I'm not in Canada. I need further instructions. Nothing yet

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
No Sponsor Approval yet by IRCC since March 2020...and no updates what so ever. Where do we go? Who do we talk to? Is there anyone to help in Canada?