+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
I have question as a American citizen can I travel to Canada while waiting for my process to be finalized? Any advice?
If I am not mistaken, you can, for a period of 6 months, without visa. Afterwards, you need to extend your visitor stay if you want to stay in the country for more than the 6 month period allowed in the year.

Reactions: kiranf

Yash@2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
We got pre arrival on Feb 10 and no update after that. Waiting for DM and PPR from NDVO
Same here, Decision Made and Pre Arrival in 24th Feb and no update after that. Contacted IRCC via phone numerous times and webforms to NDVO. I have requested for GCMS notes now. Not sure if NDVO is still operating or not. I have not heard anyone get PPR in May from NDVO,

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Same here, Decision Made and Pre Arrival in 24th Feb and no update after that. Contacted IRCC via phone numerous times and webforms to NDVO. I have requested for GCMS notes now. Not sure if NDVO is still operating or not. I have not heard anyone get PPR in May from NDVO,
We also have requested GCMS on April 29th. Not yet received anything.

sourabh_a

Aug 23, 2020
My VO is Ottawa. Dm made on 1 march. And i got my GCMS note on 12 of may and it say approved. But when i put on the inquiry to IRCC, officer from ircc said it is still in process. I’m just confused still waiting on PPR. Anyone on same boat??? Like this.?

Reactions: kiranf and All593

Syan24

Apr 15, 2019
My VO is Ottawa. Dm made on 1 march. And i got my GCMS note on 12 of may and it say approved. But when i put on the inquiry to IRCC, officer from ircc said it is still in process. I’m just confused still waiting on PPR. Anyone on same boat??? Like this.?
What is your timeline??

Yash@2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
I got the same response from IRCC, I had decision made from Feb 24th and when I talk to IRCC I was informed that the file is still in process and it will be completed only when I receive PPR

Reactions: All593 and kiranf

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi everyone,
The waiting period takes its heavy toll on me as I'm sure on every one else here. I've tried everything I could - calling IRCC, sending multiple webforms, MP requests, GCMS notes (still pending). But no positive change so far. My question - is there any way to bring my family to Canada before PPR? Like TRV, for example? Going back for a couple of weeks and visiting them is not an option, unfortunately. Thank you

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
The waiting period takes its heavy toll on me as I'm sure on every one else here. I've tried everything I could - calling IRCC, sending multiple webforms, MP requests, GCMS notes (still pending). But no positive change so far. My question - is there any way to bring my family to Canada before PPR? Like TRV, for example? Going back for a couple of weeks and visiting them is not an option, unfortunately. Thank you
You can try but the chances of approval are low and the processing time is long right now.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Am I the only applicant in this forum with only AOR1 and Application Received by IRCC in March 2020? I have no Sponsor Approval, No Medicals, No Biometrics Infact 0 progress on the application except "APPLICATION RECEIVED" status. IRCC doesn't tell anything, MP doesn't help either. Any Advise by experienced members will be highly appreciated!

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Am I the only applicant in this forum with only AOR1 and Application Received by IRCC in March 2020? I have no Sponsor Approval, No Medicals, No Biometrics Infact 0 progress on the application except "APPLICATION RECEIVED" status. IRCC doesn't tell anything, MP doesn't help either. Any Advise by experienced members will be highly appreciated!
Did you order GCMS notes? No one here will be able to tell you why you’re still waiting for further developments, the notes give you the best chance of gaining some insight into what’s holding your file up.

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
I think You should consider contacting an experienced immigration consultant or lawyer if you haven’t already done so. Nothing will progress further on your file until you are approved as a sponsor. Seeing that you have been stuck at sponsor eligibility for over a year now could possibly indicate that you do not meet the requirements as a sponsor. Now this is my guess and nobody on this forum would be able to tell you what the problem is for sure but it’s clear that there is a reason you haven’t even received sponsor approval yet even with covid 19 delays that’s a long time. Not to discourage you but Most March 2020 applicants are done or much further ahead in the process. Even March 2021 applicants are getting AORs and progressing.

and maybe your file is not being looked at after the AOR (don’t know how likely this is given your application date) and if this is the case it would probably be better to apply but again but you won’t know unless you look at the GCMS notes and until then it would be pointless to re apply until you know if their is a problem with your requirements as a sponsor

You should order the GCMS notes online ASAP to see if you can find any red flags. An immigration consultant or lawyer would likely do this step before giving any advice.

I am no expert by any means, just giving you my opinion to try and help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I see you did order the gcms notes a few months ago - order again.

Go back to your MP: with more specific questions. In many/most cases, some steps like police checks, info sharing, etc., are started earlier. (Most MPs are not that helpful first time, some are never helpful, but you should expect that first time trying won't be).

If you can't get answers you want, you may need help to do so. You might also re-apply but wouldn't do so without more info.

you seem to have contradictory info about whether or not it was sent to mississauga - gcms notes should say where the physical file is.

We can only guess at this point, and my some-what out there guess is that your file is buried in a very large pile and they actually don't know where it is and will only get to it by working through many more files. That doesn't give you much info on what to do next, however.

Good luck.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
If you won’t mind, which country are you?
I assume you‘d better order GCMS notes first. You said MP doesn’t help, it means MP didn’t tell you your status of application? What did MP say?