+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Gambino

Feb 13, 2019
Anyone here have there file move to Dakar Visa office . Any updates on your file . We stock on eligibility review, seen December 23 passes medical no updated till date . What should we do ? Any advise will help .

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Anyone here have there file move to Dakar Visa office . Any updates on your file . We stock on eligibility review, seen December 23 passes medical no updated till date . What should we do ? Any advise will help .
Be positive. It will come soon.. i am waiting since march 2020. Ircc reviewing my wife eligibility since march 2020.

Reactions: kiranf

ram211991

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Guys. We sent our application and now the status is they have received medicals and waiting for biometrics. I am from India and now that there is a lockdown everywhere, giving biometrics is delaying. Is there an alternative? People are saying Dubai is an option. Is that so? How possible is it? Do you suggest waiting until the Indian VACs open? Appreciate the help. Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys. We sent our application and now the status is they have received medicals and waiting for biometrics. I am from India and now that there is a lockdown everywhere, giving biometrics is delaying. Is there an alternative? People are saying Dubai is an option. Is that so? How possible is it? Do you suggest waiting until the Indian VACs open? Appreciate the help. Thanks.
Did you actually receive the biometric request?

I would suggest you wait instead of going to extraordinary measures to submit biometrics. They will work on your application in parallel (wihtout your biometrics) and I believe biometrics mainly used for criminal/partner checks by computer. It shouldn't delay your app significantly unless still not available much later in process.

Yan01

Jun 22, 2020
Hi! We got our COPR and are preparing to land. Are family class allowed initial landing or entry? I got totally confused with their website. We qualify as both family member and approved PR (not landed). Please help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi! We got our COPR and are preparing to land. Are family class allowed initial landing or entry? I got totally confused with their website. We qualify as both family member and approved PR (not landed). Please help!
If an immediate family member is PR or citizen, then answer is yes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your prompt reply. We were sponsored by my husband.
You should be fine. Do check with airline which will likely want to see proof of the marriage/parenthood etc just to confirm. Even if it should be obvious from the visa and copr.

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
Question on landing and getting the numbers you can use to work, I have received my COPR- is there any way to get your number to give a company to be able to work in Canada? I need to start a new job and would like to start it as a Canadian PR but I'm still in the US and haven't landed in Canada yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Question on landing and getting the numbers you can use to work, I have received my COPR- is there any way to get your number to give a company to be able to work in Canada? I need to start a new job and would like to start it as a Canadian PR but I'm still in the US and haven't landed in Canada yet.
Not until you land, when you should apply for a Sin number.

Reactions: MNtoBC

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
March 30, 2020 Applicant. After 14 months, IRCC finally returned my entire application package stating that two issues

- IMM 5669 Principal Applicant Form was missing
- The IMM 5533 (Application Checklist) Form i submitted was outdated and that i needed to resubmit the latest one

I cannot believe them on IMM 5669 because i remember getting it signed by my wife. I would not have carelessly left it out. But its not in the package they returned to me. I suspect they may have dropped or misplaced it internally but because i didn't scan or keep a copy of the package that i couriered them i have no way to prove or argue this.

They are right on the Application Checklist, i did submit an outdated version

But bottomline they have resubmitted everything back to me.

Now my next question is that what does this mean overall? They have already given my wife a 4 year TRV. What is my best course of action now?

Should i get my wife to sign a new IMM5669 Applicant Form with a new date and a new IMM5533 Application Checklist?

Or Should i ask her to refill and resign all of the documents from scratch with a fresh date along with the supporting documents?

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone.
My copr expired last August 2020. It was issued before March 2020.
However, when I replied Yes to the mail they sent asking whether I am still interested to immigrate to Canada, They have requested for PCC.
Now am confused whether I have to send all the pcc again from the 3 countries where I resided after 18years of age. There is only 1 slot to upload documents in the gckey account.
Can you pls advise

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
March 30, 2020 Applicant. After 14 months, IRCC finally returned my entire application package stating that two issues

- IMM 5669 Principal Applicant Form was missing
- The IMM 5533 (Application Checklist) Form i submitted was outdated and that i needed to resubmit the latest one

I cannot believe them on IMM 5669 because i remember getting it signed by my wife. I would not have carelessly left it out. But its not in the package they returned to me. I suspect they may have dropped or misplaced it internally but because i didn't scan or keep a copy of the package that i couriered them i have no way to prove or argue this.

They are right on the Application Checklist, i did submit an outdated version

But bottomline they have resubmitted everything back to me.

Now my next question is that what does this mean overall? They have already given my wife a 4 year TRV. What is my best course of action now?

Should i get my wife to sign a new IMM5669 Applicant Form with a new date and a new IMM5533 Application Checklist?

Or Should i ask her to refill and resign all of the documents from scratch with a fresh date along with the supporting documents?
Whatever route you decide to go you need to fill out all the most recent forms again, including new police clearances, pictures etc., all the old ones will not be valid.

You can either submit it all again as an outland sponsorship or if your wife is ready to come to Canada she can do that on her TRV and stay here during the processing. If she come here you can submit an inland or outland application. Inland you can apply for an open work permit at the same time but she will be expected to remain in CDA during the processing. Even with her being in Cda you can apply as an outland app, doing it that way you can't apply for a work permit but she can leave the country if she wants to.

It is up to you based on your circumstances as how to proceed from here.